Electrolysis and laser hair removal?

Has anyone ever tried it or know of someone who did? I've been researching it and am thinking about getting it except that it does scare me to a degree when some people say they have scarring from it now. I just am sick of facial hair, ect. Any tips or knowledge on this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I was worried about scarring too and I have very white sensitive skin that burns so easily that I can't be in the sun without sunscreen. I had it done on my face professionally and after each treatment there would be some redness that would go away after a day. Scarring and burning is more common with dark skin but the tech's won't do anything that will scar you. They will test an area first to see how you react before they continue. I had 5 treatments done on my face and it cost me about $500 all together. I am very happy with the results and so glad I did it. I really wanted to do the rest of my body but it's like $2500 per leg lol. I bought the home laser called Tria which works the same way and have done my arms and legs. The Tria can't be used on the face so that you will have to have done at a salon but whatever else you need, you can do with the Tria. The treatments aren't that painful and very tolerable. They put some numbing cream on me beforehand so it was virtually painless. I wen't through years of hell before I did the laser not to mention embarrassment. Now I'm free. Don't let those horror stories scare you. They are very rare and they have more high tech machines now that prevent scarring. I'd say its like a one in a million chance that it will happen. You can message me if you have any further questions.

• So you are hair free now? Lol

• Thank You for responding!..lol..if she had only mentioned pubes I would not have asked for your input! I can understand why would you would want to do some lasering...but I could not handle it if my option for pubes was taken away from me...I am OK with bikini line and even further down.but should always be nice, soft curls on pubic mound...(:(:(:

• @Dcguy. Yeah I am lol

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah I can certainly understand wanting to get rid of facial hair...how many guys like girls with a moustache..just think long & hard before removing pubes... link

• hmmm..I don't altogther approve...and I would not date a female who had lasered off her pubes...but I have a friend on here who knows a fair amount about it and I will copy your question to her..may be a few hours before she responds...

What Girls Said 3

• Yup, I've gotten my downstairs and underarms done. I have brown skin, so it is taking a little longer for me (8 or so sessions), but my friend finished in 6.

Basically, they use a laser to find the hair follicle and stop it. It seeks the hair by looking for melanin, so it works best on people with fairer skin and dark hair. As far as I know, you can't get it if you're hair is lightly colored.

As for scarring, a good beautician won't let it scar you. The scars occur when the intensity is too high and it starts zapping your skin. I have no scarring or discoloration at all.

I'd say set up an appointment and see what the salon lady has to say. I'm supppperrr happy I did mine.

• I have thought about it to, but I've also heard that some people have scarring. Because of the scaring I decided I didn't want to try it. lol I rather not risk having scars over some unwanted hair.

• laser hair removal doesn't hurt and its really quick. it doesn't scar either