Prom dress, short or long?

So I'm going to my boyfriend's senior prom, and from what I've seen 99.9% of people who go to prom wear long gowns. I'm wearing this

link

So the question is, would you think anything of someone wearing this dress? I'm probably going to stand out but is there anything wrong with that?

Are short dresses ok? How many of you ladies wore short dresses to your prom?

Most Helpful Girl

• I much prefer long dresses for prom, and short dresses for anything else. Prom is a formal occasion. Dress like a princess! But a lot of girls have been going the short route lately, and that's fine too. You won't stand out, don't worry!

What Guys Said 6

• They look very nice! Nothing wrong with that.

• I think it looks fine and it's an appropriate length.

• The thing I'm worried about is why you're 21 and going to a high school prom. They're not even supposed to let you in (alcohol) let alone, why would you even want to?

• she never said anything about alcohol...

• They won't allow you in if you're 21 or over, everyone knows that

• I like it!

Not too short into opinion

• I like the dress is really nice. I did not go to prom but from what I know most girls wear long dresses. I think you will be fine it's your choice and I don't think people will care to much.

• I think they look great. Though at a formal, I'd go with showing less leg and more cleavage.

What Girls Said 10

• I think it's really pretty. I wore a short dress to prom also. It was in the summer and it was so hot outside, I am glad I did. All the girls wearing ball gowns were regretting it. Also, if they are planning on getting drunk, well good luck to being able to walk in it. Dancing can also be a challenge even when sober. I think the dress you picked out is perfect and beautiful!

• I like it! Its so pretty! If I wore that at a Prom, I would have to really do my make up and hair:) And short dresses are totally fine!

• Wow!How cute! Excellent taste,my dear.You will look amazing!Go for it!

• That's adorable! At my old high school, anywhere from 1/4 to 1/3 of the girls wore short prom dresses, so I don't think you wearing a short one will be a problem at all!

Have fun! =)

• Long dresses are more elegant but I think it's just fine! It's not your prom so you don't have to go with the crowd.

Yes they are fine, especially from a heat view.

I wore a long, purple, strapless dress :) Loved it.

• I wore a long dress, but there were plenty of girls wearing short dresses. It was about half and half.

• Long dresses for seniors are traditonal

• loooooove that! wear it! :D

• Long dresses are elegant

• Long dresses are better since its more formal