Might have indirectly called a girl fat ?

So I go for this Salsa dance class . In that class we were doing one sequence where the guy had to pull the girl and slide her through his legs .

After class I was speaking to one of my friends after class and I was asking him if he was able to slide the girl he was partnered with . The girl ( his partner) also heard this and seemed offended . She seemed to think that I was calling her fat , because she said "Is that supposed to be an insult for me or for him" . She said in a funny way though . And she asked me if my partner was thin/fat/short/tall . I said no the slide has nothing to do with your partner's body , it's about the technique . Then we all started talking about something else

My question is do you think this girl got offended by my comment ? She is a bit on the heavy side , but I never meant to imply anything about her weight . Do you think I should bring this up the next time and apologize to her ? Or should I let it go ? Also , I really like this girl , which makes the situation even worse :(

Most Helpful Girl

• hen you wrote that you asked him if he was able to slide the girl he was partnered with, I genuinely did not think you were calling her fat. But to be honest regardless of techniquw that can't be easy. If a girl is fat then she is fat, I certaintly do not think less of anyone with any sort of major insecurity or hang up whether it is weight or even lack there of in reference to guys, some guys just can't gain weight. Anyway, as unfortunate and as sensititve as it is, it's a reality if you are fat then it doesn't make it any easier for you. It sounds like she did take offense, weight with girls is equivalent to penis size. It's sort of like having a girl see yours then remarking as to how small or inadequate it is, you know?

Definitely do NOT just let it go, it's the worst thing you can do especially if you are thinking about asking her out or want a friendship. Just bite the bullet, pull her aside before or after, and simply explain, say hey, I'm sorry about the other night when I asked your partner about the slide, I did not meant it in the way I fear you may have taken it etc." you're an intelligent guy, you can say whatever you like. Just explain, say you are sorry, tell her you quite like her if you want. It will just weigh you down if you don't, you know, just as it is now. It will be okay, just explain it to her, be genuine, that's the best you can do, and then it's up to her as to how it all goes later. But from what you said her reaction was, it seems that she may like you too, or at least care about or respect your opinion, good luck, sorry this was so long

What Girls Said 9

• DO NOT SAY A THING! If she was a little offended but shrugged it of like you question suggests, then you're just bringing it up again and poking at a sore subject. If she wasn't offended, it looks like you WERE insulting her but now feel guilty about it. Just keep shut up about the incident, but definitely make an effort to be nice and jovial around her.

• If she is on the heavy side, its probably a very sensitive subject for her.. So that might be why she freaked out. I wouldn't make a big deal of it but that's because I know I'm not fat. It also depends on how her day was that day, and if someone had already commented on her weight. It all depends.

• Well she obviously thought you were talking about her although you weren't but maybe the way you asked should have been worded a little different.

• I think let it go, she read too much into the statement.

• Dude, if I was that chick, I don't know what I could've done. So maybe treat her out and be friendly then continue treating her out and after, say, like 3 treats, tell her smoothly " I'm sorry for anything I'd done wrong, if there is any, and thank you for the moments" casually, only. Hope it helps!

• no need to apologize I think because you clarify already that its about technique you are referring.. if you apologize you will just look defensive.. my opinion

• well just go upto her and say that her partner needs to workout..you didn't mean to comment on her instead the joke was on your friend..i hope that shud make her feel better:)

• she;s probably pissed.

• If you like her you'd better clear it up a d apologize. She wants to be heard and understood.

What Guys Said 1