Does being a chubby girl with a very large belly reduce your romantic possibilities?

I have a friend with an amazing personality but she's never had a boyfriend and hardly had a date. I wasn't sure why until I came here and learned that some guys are sincerely embarassed to have a girlfriend who is bigger. So I'm curious if being a chubby girl with a lot of tummy can truly make guys not want to take you serious on a romantic level? If so, what's the big deal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it reduces her romantic possibilities. Physical and sexual attraction are a HUGE part of romantic interest, and generally speaking a chubby girl with a large belly will be less attractive than a thiner version of the same girl. Maybe start working out with your friend.

What Guys Said 6

• I think a girl with a chubby stomach is sexy :)

I don't like girls who try so hard.

People are people there is good and bad

most of the time people who are chubby can be nice, I've noticed. =D

• On a first pass, I would say yes...you are very young to be in that physical condition.

• If the girl doesn't care about her body, why should I?

• A girl with a chubby belly is cute!! :D

• I'm sorry but how is this even a question? Of course most people don't want to have an over weight significant other. There are "chubby chasers" out there that like it, but most people want their partner, and themselves to be in shape.

• there's a difference between being chubby and being over weight.

• It's not even about embarrassment. A big stomach just isn't appealing visually at all so that kills any physical attraction you're going to have.

What Girls Said 1

• yes and no. every guy has a preference. but it doesn't have to. I've seen obese girls w/bf and pencil thin girls wishing 4 just one date.

• True, but if that pencil thin girl was high ranking on the same level of personality and gifts to offer, the obese girl most likely wouldn't have a chance because she would get outshined.

• btw, I promise I did not give you that thumbs down: I appreciate how you're fighting for your point.

It's easy to say that, but most of the time, a certain type of guy is with a girl who's very attractive physically

• if you say so...