Pant Sizing question

So this is for guys and girls

so I'm 5'4 and I weigh around 102-05

And I wear size 7 pants, which to me is embarrasing bacause one I feel like its a really big size

and two my friend wears size 0 and me and her weigh the same which confuses me and makes me feel fat

so my first question is can someone help me understand why that is.

And two is size 7 a good size or on the bigger size?

Oh and guys do you think size 7 is a good one?

Im 18 as of thrusday:)

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. A 5'9" size 6 looks a lot thinner than a 5'2" size 6. I'm guessing your friend is taller than you?

2. The average size for women in America is a 14. That would make a size 7 smaller than average. Granted, 14 is in women's sizes and a 7 is in juniors.

3. The average guy doesn't know anything about women's clothing sizes lol

What Guys Said 3

• You're barely into triple digits, no way could you be fat. You just have hips, which in my book is a big plus not a problem. :)

• You are under 18, and USUALLY girls your age MIGHT be smaller...hard to say Depends on how you are proportioned (Waist / hips)

My Wife wears a size 6 bikini, and I don't know how that equates to a womans pant size ...I would not be too concerned about it unless feel your weight is not what it should be.

• size 7 with your height and weight all you have is hips which is a good thing most guys enjoy those me included lol but seriously my x was 5'8 115 and she was a one she had no hips or booty so your fine better then fine even.

What Girls Said 11

• I think your height and weight are a perfect combination. Being a size 7 is not a bad thing at all. 'm a size 11 but my friends consider me really skinny. The reason my pant size is so big is because I have a bigger butt. It could be the same. Maybe your butt is just bigger then your friends. Either way you shouldn't worry about. You're a good size. :)

• You are not fat, you are a good weight.

You probably just have hips.

• If your friends are shorter or taller than you. Their pants size will be different but I'm 5'2 and about 105 lbs and was a size 3 last year now I'm a 7 and I gained 5 lbs

• That confuses me too, because my sis is around your stature and she's a 00. But maybe you just have large thighs/ hips?

• it all has to do with your body shape, there is nothing wrong with a size 7! You are not fat by any stretch of the word.

• It depends where you buy it like when I go to ross I'm a 5 then I go to wetseal and I'm a 3

• The friend that wears a size 0, is she taller than you? Because that's the only way she could weigh the same as you and wear a size zero. And no, a size 7 is not big. it's an average size for your height.

• You probably just have a wider bone structure. Don't worry. A size 7 is no where near fat.

• If you have a flat ass then you'd probably be a one or 0

• You're shaped differently. I'm 5'5", and my lowest weight was about 115, but I've never worn anything lower than a size 9. I think I could be skin and bones, and I still wouldn't be able to fit into a smaller size. Smaller pants don't fit my hips.

I also knew people who were my height and weight and wore pants much smaller than I did. I was really confused too. I think it's best not to compare yourself to other people--we're all shaped differently.

• Your body type is different, everyone has their own shape. ( your height is different from there's I am guessing)