Looking for the "perfect" girl? Is there such a thing?

Guys/Gals, was wondering if any of you could share some insight about this. I'm a 23 year old male, physically built, and most people would consider me good looking. Honestly, to this day I've never yet had a girlfriend before in my life, and ya... none of the girls believe me...

I mean, I have friends that are girls and there's even girls that have approached me telling me they are attracted to me but I'm looking for something long term and not just lust...

And I don't mean "attracted" as in blondes, smoking hot, big rack, tight ass, sexy, etx...

I'm looking for a girl with a good personality that isn't cocky, but well mannered, understanding, polite and friendly, and hey if they're good looking too, that's a bonus!

Am I asking for too much?! Is there even such a thing as the perfect girl? Or should I just start dating any random girl!? Getting a little frustrated in waiting/looking for the special someone...

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe you! I have the same problem, Don't start dating random girl or you'll end up like me! One day I decided to date a random guy because I was so pissed that couldn't find the one I wished, And guess what?! I dumped him after 7 months because I couldn't bare him any more, I ended up being called a bi**** and I still have problems with him, Because he hasn't actually moved on yet( This is after 2 years).

I'm sure you don't wanna end up like me. Besides, Random girls won't probably fulfill you expectations and one day you look back and you regret the time you wasted on her.

I stopped looking for the one I wanted and started to make myself believe that he'll one day walk into my life and all I have to do is to be patient. I read that in a book, The books said this: " The more you look for " The one" the more you get frustrated and because you never find him/her you get more frustrated and pissed. So stop looking for him/her and you'll see and she/he will step in your life effortlessly. "

I don't know how true this may be but I'm feeling kinda relieved from the day I stopped looking. I'm no more frustrated or pissed. I'm just practicing patience.

I suggest you never stop believing that there is a perfect girl for you out there, Between 6000,000,000 people living on the Earth which I guess I almost half of them are women, There must be one for you, She exists:) I don't think lowering you expectations will do any good, At least to YOU. Because you are not asking for too much.

GOOD LUCK

What Girls Said 6

• We all know there is no perfect girl or guy. They are only perfect if we believe that he or she is perfect...and its not about finding someone that is perfect. Its about learning to accept someone for his or her imperfect factors and use that to grow from the relationship and make each other a better person. Its all about able to grow with someone.

You shouldn't be so hard on finding the "perfect"girl. Like the other responses, go out and enjoy your life and meet new girls. you don't have to slut around or anything. Just make new friends...eventually a girl will touch your hear!

• I understand where you're coming from. I haven't had a boyfriend since high school and I'm a sophomore in college. But have you ever heard the saying, "you have to kiss a lot of frogs before finding prince charming"?

The fact that you haven't had a girlfriend says nothing of how cool you are, how good-looking you are, etc. It just has to happen. But in order for it to happen, you have to date and put yourself out there. In the mean time, have fun experiencing life with as many people as you can. It'll happen when it's supposed to happen. Some of us just aren't that lucky. Just give it time!

• You can't compromise your your heart just for any girl, that would be wrong. Not all girls now a days are polite. So it'll be a bit hard to find one but they're still out there.

Stop being so picky though. If you keep dissecting the girls you meet by picking apart they're faults who knows how long it'll be till you find true love.

Get out there and date. Just know your standards and except flaws from girls, because NO ONE is perfect no matter how hard they try.

GOOD LUCK

• Yeah..waiting is the hardest part. But don't worry, she'll come when you least expect it! And she will sweep you off your feet!! I think its really sweet your looking beyond physical ^________^ if only more guys were like that, that would save us girls a lot of trouble!

• Don't get frustrated. You have high standards and there is nothing wrong with that. No one is perfect.. except me... :)

• There is no perfect girl/guy...but there is such a thing as great personality, cute and funny..some guys expect a girl to be "hot" but eventually they get past that once they're tired of goody two shoes. All you have to do is wait for know, and your time will come when you least expect it. I'm waiting around for someone as well... but good guys are hard to find these days.. and so are good girls are hard to find too.

What Guys Said 3

• You're using the words "perfect" and "special" as if they mean the same thing. There is no perfect girl. It's probably better that way, because a relationship's strength is best built by overcoming imperfections and disagreements. A special girl, on the other hand, is a girl who is perfect for you, even though she's not perfect overall. Those are the girls that definitely do exist and believe it or not, a lot of them are extremely good looking on top of it. Keep searching, and you'll find one like that which is worth hanging on to.

• I love nice girls and the best experiences I've had have been with nerdy girls and hippie chicks. Those two are almost always really sweet, laid back, and understanding. Worst experiences have been with the preppy/sporty girls, they are hot and all but man such a problem all the time it's not worth it.

I'm not religious so I don't meet a lot of the church going girls but they might be really nice too (you would hope, right?)

• You sound just like me. You've got high standards and think you know what you want, but you've got to suspend your beliefs at least for some time so you can get some experience dating women. if you don't, you may find that "perfect" girl and blow it because you never learned the hard way like most guys. That's not to say you won't find the right person and everything won't work, but experience helps big time.

There is no such thing as the perfect girl, only who's the least imperfect for your standards. No one's perfect, and you could spend your entire like weeding out a lot of really good women because you blew it.

As for the blowing girls off bit, it seems like you don't get it. Just because a girl is attracted to you doesn't mean she's lusting after you. The first part of any relationship is physical attraction. I mean, if you can't be physically attracted to someone how are you ever going to be able to spend enough time with them to get to know the inner person. My advice is to lower the bar a bit, stop being such a pansy, and ask a girl who shows you some interest out. If it goes well, great. If not, at least you've learned something. Eventually, you'll find the person closest enough to your expectations. And if you don't, at least you'll come close.

P.S. I need to take my own advice, because I've got a similar situation... only I've had girlfriends in the past.