She flies with her own wings - can this be a good phrase for an atheist?

I've always been independent, a free thinker - and an an atheist. I feel wings are a godly heavenly angelic religious symbol and this phrase means to me I don't need that because I can fly by my own wings. What do you think? Can this be interpreted as a good atheist quote? I've been searching for a positive but vague tattoo idea representing my atheism and I feel this could be it.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• I suppose if you are going to tattoo a random quote onto your body, this is as good as any. However, if I saw that tattoo, I'm not thinking that she is "independent, a free thinker - and an atheist," so I'm not sure how why that really means anything in the context of the question.

• So what would you think if you saw that tattoo

• Nothing, really. People get quotes or song lyrics tattooed on them all the time. Nothing about who they are pops out from them in my opinion.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• I like it! (fellow atheist)

• It sounds extremely pretentious but whatever you'll probably get it removed when you hit thirty.

• It didn't sounds religious to me at all

and not only angels have wings

Birds have wings too!

• The people who say they are free thinkers are usually the most controlled by other people.

• Omg just answer the question...

• Kind of funny you say omg when you don't believe in God. I am a Christian but it won't bother me what you tattoo on yourself

What Girls Said 3

• A quote can mean many different things to different people. I have a quote on my ribs and was asked what it meant so I said what do you think it means. It only matters that the quote means something to you not to everyone else, that's the point of a tattoo it should be personal. If you like it and it means something to you then it really doesn't matter what it says

• There's not anything wrong with it, but I probably wouldn't pick it myself. I think it sounds sort of cutesy and generic, and I wouldn't get the "free thinker" vibe from it. But if it means something to you, that might be all that matters. I wouldn't get a tattoo just for the sake of getting one, though.

I'm an atheist too, by the way. I like funny atheist quotes better, like:

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank." - Woody Allen

"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." - Mark Twain

Not that I'd recommend getting those tattooed on your body...

• Yeah I guess, but it sounds like... you're the only one that exists.

Sounds overly independent?