She flies with her own wings - can this be a good phrase for an atheist?

I've always been independent, a free thinker - and an an atheist. I feel wings are a godly heavenly angelic religious symbol and this phrase means to me I don't need that because I can fly by my own wings. What do you think? Can this be interpreted as a good atheist quote? I've been searching for a positive but vague tattoo idea representing my atheism and I feel this could be it.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I suppose if you are going to tattoo a random quote onto your body, this is as good as any. However, if I saw that tattoo, I'm not thinking that she is "independent, a free thinker - and an atheist," so I'm not sure how why that really means anything in the context of the question.

1|0
    0|0
    • So what would you think if you saw that tattoo

• Nothing, really. People get quotes or song lyrics tattooed on them all the time. Nothing about who they are pops out from them in my opinion.

Sponsored

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I like it! (fellow atheist)

0|0
    1|0
  • It sounds extremely pretentious but whatever you'll probably get it removed when you hit thirty.

0|1
    0|0
  • It didn't sounds religious to me at all

and not only angels have wings

Birds have wings too!

0|0
    0|0
  • The people who say they are free thinkers are usually the most controlled by other people.

1|1
    0|0
    • Omg just answer the question...

• Kind of funny you say omg when you don't believe in God. I am a Christian but it won't bother me what you tattoo on yourself

What Girls Said 3

• A quote can mean many different things to different people. I have a quote on my ribs and was asked what it meant so I said what do you think it means. It only matters that the quote means something to you not to everyone else, that's the point of a tattoo it should be personal. If you like it and it means something to you then it really doesn't matter what it says

0|0
    0|0
  • There's not anything wrong with it, but I probably wouldn't pick it myself. I think it sounds sort of cutesy and generic, and I wouldn't get the "free thinker" vibe from it. But if it means something to you, that might be all that matters. I wouldn't get a tattoo just for the sake of getting one, though.

I'm an atheist too, by the way. I like funny atheist quotes better, like:

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank." - Woody Allen

"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." - Mark Twain

Not that I'd recommend getting those tattooed on your body...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I guess, but it sounds like... you're the only one that exists.

Sounds overly independent?

0|0
    0|0