What kind of weave should I get?

So all my life I've had several kinds of hair; natural, cornrows, mostly single braids but its my senior year and I kinda wanted to shake things up and get a weave but I'm not sure which one to get that would look natural Many other girls wear weaves and it looks absolutely fabulous but I'm worried that with my dark skin (DARK..NOT AN EXAGGERATION AT ALL) that it will look very unnatural and I was wondering how to avoid that look and look good with one on.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've seen girls with dark skin with a weave and it doesn't look fake well. Try to get a color with low lights and highlights so its not one toned color

• Thanks :) the class portraits are usually taken in July

• yes I'm so stoked for those pictures..i really want to look amazing. by the way thanks for the answer it was exactly what I was looking for!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Curly everyone looks good with wavy or curly hair

• I have two friends who have very dark skin but they have weave and it looks really nice!

• You could flat iron your natural hair and add pieces so it looks natural

• Don't get a weave at all. I'm sure your natural hair is beautiful.

• thanks for your opinion but I really just wanted to try something different ya know it is my senior year and I guess,yolo. I do love my natural hair and I i don't wish to damage it or anything but like I said before I just want a new look for my last year:)

• you being dark skinned doesn't mean you can't wear weave! my suggestion is to try different ones. but worked well when I wore it was sew-ins. you don't have to get the full head done, just get a few tracks sewn in for fullness. it looks a lot more realistic when you get partial head instead of your entire head. try colors 1, 1b, 2 or a mix of those shades.

• thanks so much!.. I always felt that the darker you are the less natural it looked with certain colors.