Are people getting more physically attractive and are they aging slower as technology advances?

Are human jeans getting stronger so that are facile features and body bone structure and overall appearance is improve over the decades and century?

I looked at people from 19th century in photos and for some reason they look creeper paler and less attractive then people of a modern age and they shorter and even aged very fast.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe, but its hard to say, people can live longer with the products we have today but these products contain lots of chemicals that can do horrible things in the long run. It seems that somethings are better and somethings are worse.

What Girls Said 4

• Some of the women DID have man faces. in their time. Lack of spray tans and makeup, and proper hairstyle.

• they had makeup natural ...it was a sophisticated time.

• well women feature are usually diffrent without makeup

• the makeup we use now it waaay different.

• It's called we have better nutrition and health care. Duhh.

• its not so simple

• Yeah actually it is so simple, this trend has been going on for thousands of years...

• I think it's just called evolution or something...

• I mean in last 50 or so years

• Evolution essentially stems from mutated genes: one person is born with an advantageous mutation (which might make them more attractive, for instance), and that mutation then increases their chances of survival/reproduction, potenially even being passed on to that person's children. We can actually see and record these genes, so we can prove that evolution is real. And, since mutations occur quite randomly, evolution will always be an ongoing process. :)

• Ok then prove it :)

• Maybe we will because our diets have improved and we are more aware of what chemicals to avoid. My Grandmother's generation are more likely to experience problems from when they were on rationings in the war, or so I heard.

• yes... you had more birth defects and illness in 19th century.

• I didn't know that. That's interesting.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, to say that people are 'getting more physically attractive' doesn't mean anything,as perceptions of what constitutes attractiveness change over time. I mean, for instance, in the Renaissance, fat women were considered desirable. Think of how many paintings from that era were of larger women.

• didnt change much in last 200 years

• Technology notwithstanding, what does change in such a short timeframe?

• sexual selection implies that you look for a partner who is atractive, succesfull etc witch causes people to become prettyer as it increases their chances of getting ofsprings. So yeah people get prettier.

And yes we do live longer due to advances in science as we are better able to take care of oureselfs and life is less hard then it used to be.

• yes. except you. How many accounts do you have on gag anyway?