Beautiful people have more advantages in life?

Now I have to say, and couldn't help but notice that people who you would consider "pretty" or "beautiful" have many advantages and are generally put at the top of the rank. For one, you'll see that they most likely might have more friends, more people talk to them, they get nominated to do stuff (class activities), more people respect you, just basic stuff like that. But it seems as so if you're not physically attractive enough for someone, they won't talk to you for whatever reason. It's pretty shallow if you ask me..I can say that I would consider myself rather attractive. I mean I like to take care of myself, and generally on the days I consider myself to look good people treat me nicer than usual, but when I have an off day where I just want to chill, people tend to treat me poorly. It's weird

Most Helpful Guy

• Congrats! You've figured out a basic truth of life! It's probably an even bigger deal when you're still in school than it is later in life, but it still matters a great deal then too.

I remember when I was in school, my girlfriend would get nominated to be an officer of pretty much every group she was in. She even held regional and state positions. Now I love her and think she was great and all, but I can guarantee you she held all of those positions based in no small part on the fact that she was smoking hot. I mean, when people from other schools are voting for you, they have no idea what you stand for. All they see is that (in her case) you're a hot blond with a smoking body and if they vote you in, they'll at least have you to look at rather than the joe schmoe from the other school.

Of course, I had the good sense never, EVER to tell her this little observation. . .

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah, I've had my ups and downs with that whole thing. I was fat growing up and when I was 17 I got in shape. Right away women starting flocking to me and it really made me hate them because of how many years of rejection I dealt with, knowing I was still the same person. It happened again over the last few years as my hair thinned out, I noticed women treating me with less and less interest the thinner it got. Now I'm making arrangements to have it fixed surgically so it will look like it did before, and I already know how I'm going to love the attention, yet resent the women who give it to me since I'll be the same guy. People who were always attractive and stay that way are certainly lucky. To have it and lose it is rough.

• It's a sad truth: link and more here: link

• It's true that beautiful people have certain advantages, but they also have disadvantages. As a girl, a ton of guys will hit on hot girls just to try to have sex with them, while few will try to get to know her as a person. And the girl will always have to wonder if a guy is being nice to her because he really likes her, or just finds her hot and wants in her pants.

The grass is rarely greener on the other side of the fence.

• that's just life. it isn't fair and there's exceptions, but that's basically how it goes. if you're looking ugly then you're probably not going to garner a bunch of romantic attention in the first place and so you won't have as many people trying to "woo" you by saying/doing nice things.

What Girls Said 2

• People call me beautiful a lot and I just think it's them being nice. Just because someone else sees someone as attractive doesn't mean they see themselves as attractive. And if your are attractive you don't really know any different so it's nothing special to you. Also when people don't say that your beautiful you really take it to heart since you are used to it. It's difficult because your self-worth is put into your appearance which is basically in the eye of the beholder so you have the least amount of confidence and control when you are beautiful, because beauty is subjective.

• They get a big ego AND a rotten persnalty by hearing since their childhood how nice or beautiful they are

• Agree entirely

• I don't think I have a rotten personality I've been called beautiful since I was little I think it depends on the person and how they feel about themself. BC there are plenty of unattractive girls that overcompensate and are snobby and ridiculously insecure so they go on about how pretty they are :/

• People tell me I'm pretty, and boys on my courses are always attracted to me, but it never helped me. I was bullied when I was a child, and have had confidence problems. I'm okay now, but still find it difficult to trust people.

I then became best friends with this girl who was helping me a lot. Then one day she got a boyfriend, and started telling me she didn't want me to meet him, and I went it went weird from there.

Because I went to an all-girl's school, I found it really difficult when I went to a college which was all full of boys. They liked me at first, but realized that I wasn't going to speak to them much, and they all thought I was weird and were quite nasty.

On top of that, I have dyspraxia, so that has made me struggle academically.

The only nice people I've met are at university. Everyone else has been horrible.