How long is hair that is too long?

A lot of guys say they prefer long hair, such as shoulder length or longer. But what point does it hit when its too long and isn't attractive anymore?

Most Helpful Guy

• Short version. I don't really care, keep it off the floor.

Long version. The choice you make in what you look like defines who you are and makes you stand out. If you choose a hairstyle you like, you'll find guys who like that hairstyle and that's f***ing magical.

What Guys Said 5

• Yep, what most people said. I think it starts to look a bit unattractive when it reaches your waist.

• If it reaches her legs.

• If your hair reach your butt only then they're too long.

• When your hair is past your mid back, we really don't care anymore.

• I don't know. 3/4 down your back is long enough, really.

What Girls Said 12

• Mine likes really, really long hair. As long as I keep it healthy, he and I both think that down to my hips would be nice. It's at my natural waistline already.

I don't really get many split ends, and I take very good care of it, so it's still nice looking :)

• The only thing that would make that length unattractive for sure is the inevitable dead ends, and it might get in the way sometimes.

• Generally once hair hits the waist, it's not longer healthy or attractive looking(just straggly, dead and fine)

I'd say ideal is from shoulder length to mid-back. Just keep it healthy with regular deep conditioning treatments, getting your ends trimmed regularly and using heat protectant(preferably no heat)

• Mines down my mid butt,...lol Yeah I need to get a hair cut,...soon:)

• When it starts dragging on the floor

• If you're short then your waist definitely!

• I'd say mid thigh length. Maybe even past the butt.

• Past mid back

• depends on the person but it risks the "too long" look more easily when it is all one length and thin at the ends. if you keep it layered/angled and trim it regularly so your ends don't get stringy, it can look nice. although once it goes past your waist it usually looks too long, unless it is that style where there are a lot of layers and the front is shorter than the back.

it also depends on the texture of your hair.

• I think past waist length

• When it looks unhealthy

• Past your butt I figure