Are guys intimidated by a stylish girl?

I sew my own clothes...it's always a black/white combo (very classy)...I have a strong fashion sense and it shows in my attitude (I'm very confident while wearing my pieces)

Guys are always staring but none has ever approached me... not even when I went clubbing.

So are you guys intimidated by a girl that dresses stylishly and different from all the rest or do you just think she's crazy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls that seem more sophisticated then the general crowd will be more intimidating to most men, yes. Couple that with (what many men might perceive as) an over-confident attitude, and most men will simply go for an easier target; one they perceive as easier to approach and less likely to reject them.

Guys will appreciate your outfits and confidence once you are WITH them, but they tend to approach girls who are more casual and easy-going and who they perceive as less likely to blow them off or publically humiliate them. It sounds like you are coming off as a "sophisiticated ice queen" to them, and they figure that they can't compete with the guys they imagine you are attracted to, so why bother?

Only the super-confident "rock star" types will usually go for that kind of girl, and those guys are players who are just looking for a pump and dump in most cases.

What Guys Said 7

• No guy sees you sew your own clothes THUS all they can see is that you 'have a strong fashion sense and that it shows in your attitude.'

It's not a question of being intimidated, probably more of reasoning along the line "She considers looks more importance than personality, THUS she'll be superficial and high maintenance."

Clothes usually impress mainly girls.

IF clothes impress guys it might be in a negative sense.

• Not really, no. Unless perhaps your style entails carrying heavy weaponry? Then maybe.

• Not intimidated.

If I like it, its a plus, if I don't like how she's dressed, its a negative.

• doesn't really matter how you dress. its how you come off as a person, your demeanor. if you don't smile seem like a very grouchy bitchy type nobodies even going to attempt to try to climb that mountain. break through the wall etc etc

• neither --- a stylish girl/woman is what I find insanely attractive! :))

• hmmm I don't know how you dress but I would advice not to look for a partner in the clubs.

• I'm more intimidated by a fashionable smart girl then just a fashionable girl

and I'm more intimidated by a smart girl then a fashionable girl

but yeah I would be

it's probably because I'm thinking she can have pretty much every guy in this place. Why would she pick me

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe they think you're too hot for them and they'll get rejected?

• Can we see some examples of your clothes?

A lot of guys can't grasp the concept a girl's fashion if it's bold.