Is there a war on between short women and tall women/ short men and tall men?

There seem to be a lot of bitter feelings and such between the two. Do you see this or is it just a few people who care about other peoples height preferences or even just the simple fact of them dating someone much taller/shorter?

How tall are you? And have you noticed these feelings in others? How do you feel about drastic difference in heights or height preferences? And do you have a height preference?

Most Helpful Girl

• Short men and tall women tend to care about other peoples preferences because GENERALLY speaking, short women and tall men are preferred.

5'2 1/2 & I love tall guys! Taller the better, unless he's like 6'7. But the average guy in America is 5'8 I believe? I could be wrong(correct me if I'm wrong cause I kinda wanna know)

But people focus on height too much on here.

What Girls Said 5

• sort of for me. I'm a 5'10 girl so of course when I see a guy, I'd prefer one taller than me. that's probably partially due to society having pushed that idea on me over time, and it's so much more comfortable to have a guy who could protect me in a way. that's just how I feel, but most guys I've talk to on that issue say they really don't care.

• There is no tension with me and tall women. I'm 5'2 and I like my height. It seems like short guys want to be taller and some tall women want to be shorter though. I say f*** it, lets go to Chuck E. Cheese's lol.

• I'm 4'10, so that's pretty short for a 17 year old. Because I have always been the shortest, I know how it feels to not be preffered by others, so if I ever see a short guy (anyone shorter than me), I would look past their appearance and rather look at their personality. I often feel that my height is a big disadvantage since I'm really short, so seeing a short guy who's interested in me, I wouldn't reject him because of his height. Now just because I wouldn't mind dating short guys at all does not mean that I would mind dating tall guys. I think people shouldn't care about height differences and look past that and their personalities. Any height is acceptable for me.

• I think a lot of people in each category care about their own height preferences, but people who seem to think they are (or actually are) least preferred usually have a bigger problem with anything.

I have tall friends (women) who talk all the time about how I have it easy because I’m short. The thing that cracks me up about my tall girl friends is that none of them are at that “im 6’3 and its seriously hard to find anyone taller”. Theyre all around 5’8, a couple are 5’10, and complaining. 5’8 isn't skyrocket high. I’m pretty sure you can find a lot of guys who are open to dating you. However, I do acknowledge that many tall men do have a preference for women who are shorter than that, and they do get overlooked for the majority of women who are shorter than 5’8.

I’m just starting to become aware of the serious insecurity that many shorter men face with their height. I honestly didn’t think it was that big of a deal before. The internet helps with that, and my mom had a convo about not calling my dad short and being more sensitive with men about their height, after he tried to lie about his height to me. This dude tried to tell me he was 5’11 on the phone. I didn’t mean to be so blunt but its in my nature. I was like, “Dad, you are not much taller than I am, you’re short. If you’re 5’11 then I would be like 5’8. I’m 5’3!” Then he tried to tell me that maybe I’m 5’6. Smh. And apparently my uncle has serious insecurity with his height (5’9) as well, and he's discussed it with my mom. So this is like a real thing. Definitely didn’t know it was that serious. I mean I wanted to be taller when I was in high school but I just stopped caring. I like being short now. I actually wish I was shorter. O.o

I really like tall men though, at least 5’11, but usually over 6’0. Just my preference and what I’m comfortable with. :)

Still…one other thing that bothers me about short men and tall women being bothered by this is that they aren’t dating each other. No one says you HAVE to date a taller guy. You can date a guy who is your height or shorter. It has been done before. And vice versa for short guys. Otherwise, you simply have your preferences. And why should your preferences be more important to me than my own? I'm one of the short girls who loves tall guys and many of them like me. Deal with it. A lot of guys probably like you too.

• Im 5"7'. Honestly I think its awkward if a guy is shorter. But its also awkward it they are A LOT taller.

What Guys Said 6

• I was at a bar recently and a hotty who was about 5'5" told my friend, "I don't want to talk to any guys who are not at least 6'3" and hot". Then I get to watch my tall buddies have noticeably more success in talking to women because of their height. Grrrr. I envy tall guys sometimes. It is just normal though and I don't fret over it to the point where it is unhealthy.

I'm 5'11" and I try to go for women who are about 5'5" or taller. I'm dating a 5 footer now though. I know it is weird for me envy tall guys but then shoot for taller girls but I'm just being honest.

• I'm not really tall or short, I guess I'm the middle man or messenger or something...

• I've never noticed any war between short women and tall women.

Damn near all women sure do prefer tall men, though.

• There's not much of a war between short guys and tall guys. Girls clearly prefer tall guys so the short ones are hosed. And it's no one's fault really, so it's not like they can blame the tall guys.

With girls it's more interesting. I maintain that most guys don't care too much about height. BUT, girls CLEARLY prefer taller guys and especially like them to be taller than THEY are. So a bunch of tall girls, who would never consider dating a shorter guy, then get upset when a short girl gets with a tall guy and essentially takes one of "their" guys.

• The only bitter feelings are short guys because they realize they are undesirable.

• Most people (not all) prefer a height difference, where the male is taller.

When really tall men date really short women, they're happy, but it can bother short men/tall women, who may feel like 'uh, if you two are pairing off, who are WE supposed to pair off with?'

At least, for those people, these two split up: link

Seriously, how did he not kill her by accident?