Are flabby arms a complete turn off?

So I have a somewhat unusual problem. My body is slim/curvy, but my arms are chubby. No, not chicken wings chubby - but enough so that it's significant.

My body is a mixture of big-Tyra and skinny-Tyra - pretty much like this: link link (big boobs, flat/toned stomach, thin long legs) but with these arms: link link link

I hate it. Please don't say "just work out" because I work out a LOT and they just won't get skinny (they got smallER, but not thin and toned like I want them).

Anyway, I recognise that this makes me out of proportion. How much of a turn off is this, and how much/to what extent to guys notice it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow... that is not flabby arms. She looks pretty much the same in all of those pictures body-wise. I think you are over-examining your arms because if they look like Tyra's then that is considered thin to toned arms, not flabby. This is link considered flabby.

• Nah, but my legs are REALLY skinny. There is no doubt that I look unproportionate, I know that. But just wondering how icky it is :/ I know that it seems stupid, and I probably should have just posted a picture of my own body but I don't really want to do that :/

• :)

• Aww thanks for BA!

What Guys Said 4

• Take up tennis, or another aerobicc sport that involves using our arms a lot. Some forms of dancing will also give your arms more tone. Losing a few pounds overall will probably be necesssary to get your arms looking more in shape. Tennis will do that for you.

• I'm very active and my body is quite toned, but my arms just don't get skinny :/

• Maybe losing a few pounds would help...

• Im afraid your real problem is anorexia nervosa of the arms...

But seriously your arms are fine. They don't have to be beam poles. l am by general concencus with the people l know picky when in it comes to girls looks and that is by no means what I would consider a turnoff. I would give you at least and 8 out of 10.

So whatever you've been doing keep doing it.

• Wow, I was expecting so much worse! That looks perfectly fine to me, I don't see the problem. Sure, you can dislike (in a way of preference) some things about your body. But no one except you will be paying extra attention to your perfectly normal looking arms :)

• I think that it's more the proportion that's an issue, because my legs are like this: link so with chubby arms it undoubtedly looks a little odd lol

• Wow you look great :)

You have nothing to worry about.

Those arms are definitely not flabby.

You seem to look phenomenal :D

Many girls would wish they had your body

• Lol, that's not me we just have similar body types.

• Lol you know what I mean.

• :P

What Girls Said 4

• Yes I do agree that this is a very unusual problem and I'm having that flabby arm-problem, too! And it's very big deal with me especially wearing sleeveless tops, I have no problem with my body shape and my weight beacuse I have flat tummy, no fats on the face, hands and feet but my arms are flabby and I've been doing a lot of exercises already, tried different arm work out and yes I am losing weight but the chubby flabby arms are still there and I want to get rid of this skin, it's freakishly depressing! Same with my thighs though.

• I've noticed that what most women consider "flabby" or "fat", never really is.

• Really? Seriously? Fishing for compliments, aren't we?

• No, I'm not. Everyone has insecurities, mine may seem invalid to you but it's not your place to question them.

• I hope that you learn to love your body. As someone who has had difficulty with that myself all of my life, I can tell you that it is just a big waste of time. Enjoy what you have. Really. Enjoy what you have. You will change over the years, for better &/or for worse, whatever happens, happens. But you are just you and that's beautiful. No need to be insecure. If you love yourself you will come across to others as beautiful & confident ALWAYS. Use your smile, know you are beautiful. :D

• I know, it's just a lot easier said than done. But thank you :)

• I actually like that on a girl.

• Really? How strange. :P

• Yup

What I don't like is when the top part of the arm is smaller than the part just above the elbow, looks a little wonky to me.

• Not sure if I know what you're talking about there, lol