Going out in heels if already tall- yay or nay?

I'll start by saying that I'm definitely a tall girl, at 5'10". Nevertheless, when I go downtown with a group of friends, or to the shoe store where pretty much their only cute shoes are heels, I'm dying to buy and wear a pair. Their lengthening effect, especially when wearing a skirt/shorts would be lovely!

However, I would feel even more self-conscious wearing them to a club cause I'd think I would freak any potential guys out being so tall.

Guys, any thoughts? Is it OK for a tall girl to go out in heels?

Most Helpful Guy

• Rock out!

You were given that height for a awesome. Don't be afriad of it :)

I'm 6 foot plus and I think tall girls are awesome

Tall girls are so rare which makes them even better!

• Great thanks!

:)

Out of curiosity which person are you in the picture?

What Guys Said 5

• Wear 'em.

You can't pretend to be short, and guys who aren' t interested in tall girls aren't going to be interested if you wear flats.

You'll draw attention with your height.

Look your best so that guys who like/are happy with tall girls think 'damn'.

• It is your style choice, do whatever you please. You'll attract the right guy regardless of your height.

• Yay

You can be the giantess and I can be the incredible shrinking man.

• 5'11" I see tall girls get hit on all of the time. I hit on tall girls a lot myself. I always get rejected by them if they are taller than me though. You should be fine.

• if you are happy with a short guy..by all means !

What Girls Said 3

• This shouldn't even be up for debate ! Of course you can go out in heels. I'm about 5'8" and wear heels casually and formally. I even bought a pair of Jessica Simpson shoes - 5' heel and 1.5' platform.

Anyway, any guy "freaked out" because of your height isn't the guy for you. Be confident in yourself because trust me, I know how it feels to have your height the topic of discussion. Just know that there are men and women who would die to be tall.

• Don't worry about it! Do what you want to! :D Heels are awesome! I wish I was your height! ha ha I feel so short! haha

• Wear them, but if you do stand straight and whatnot, cos it looks terrible when a tall girl in heels shrinks down to appear shorter.

I'm 5'10" and I wear heels. Small heels and massive heels. Even when wearin 4 inchers I've been approached. There are definitely guys who will feel emasculated, uncomfortable or intimidated by your height, but then there is also those that will be drawn to it.

If it makes you feel good, go for it. I love heels, personally.