How many girls are jealous of girls with long hair?

So when I say long hair I mean around their waist... do you ever get jealous/envious (doesn't have to have such a harsh meaning, just can't find a better word)?

I had long hair (well still do, just not the ideal length) and then I cut a lot off, a bit more than I should to have maintained the length, I was trying to see what I'd look like with much shorter hair, to see if it would suit me.

After that I realized every time I saw a girl with long hair I was like instantly drawn to her thinking she looks so good and her hair is so nice...

So now I'm in a dilemma where I can't tell if I'm envious/jealous because it takes ages to grow back or if it genuinely looks a lot better than shorter hair (around shoulders).

I have fine hair and everyone says fine hair looks better short but I've never thought that short hair ever looked good on me and I'm not sure if I should try it out again just to be sure especially when I've been growing my hair out for many years (it's healthy, not split and dry).

Have you been in this position before (fine hair girls) and ended up cutting it short and loved it?

• I've cut it and I'm kinda jealous
  • I've always had shorter hair than that and I'm jealous
  • I've always had long hair so it doesn't stand out to me / I'm still drawn to long hair
  • I have short hair and I don't care about longer hair
  • Still trying to find out if long or short hair looks good on me!
I can't decide who to give BA to, anyone want it?

Thanks for your answers.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. Most often, people who have really long hair isn't really pretty. It's just long and thin. However, I have seen some Indian girls with beautiful, really thick long hair. Sometimes hair is just long, not pretty. Personally, I used to have my hair that long, but I ended up cutting it since my hair makes big curls naturally when it's above my waist

• Any idea what I should do? I feel like short (from what I remember when I was younger, with short *unstyled* hair) didn't do anything for me but when I grow it long, it still doesn't do anything except when I curl it (always do) it makes my hair look nice in itself...

Should I try cutting it shorter (only reason I'd do this is for more body)? I have doubts with this because my hair is always thin and lanky so I doubt cutting it is going to make it appear to have body, I'd still curl/wave it.

• Ive heard a trick about putting a little talcum powder at your roots when brushing your hair, but I don't know if it works. I would post some links, but I have to be Xper level 4 apparently. Whether or not it would look better curved would depend on you face shape. I think what you are looking for is a blunt bob haircut, which works well with thin hair and most face shapes.

• oh, decided I'm not going short but especially not that short :P

Talcum powder wouldn't be good for me, I have black hair. Also Dust It works a bit like that, you dust it into your hair, work it in, mess it up, gives it heaps of body but it feels dirty and sticky. That usually works for most people but for me it still goes flat :P it is reworkable but nah, not my thing, doesn't work for me. You can separate the links by putting a space where h ttp is or something, one or 2 spaces should work

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 11

• I'm not. I had hair that long when I was 18 and I cut it off because it was such a pain to deal with. I prefer my hair anywhere between my collarbone and my boobs.

• lol yeah, it gets caught everywhere huh..

You have nice hair, good choice.

• Not jealous at all. Actually, some women look older with long hair. I did the 'big chop' (Google it) a few years ago. So now I'm growing my hair back naturally. It may appear shorter than what it used to be, but it's healthier and growing strong(:

• well I don't have fine hair or anything but I used to have long hair and couldn't have been more glad to get rid of it. all that weight drove me nuts! so now when I see a girl with long hair I feel sorry for them because of all the weight.

• I honestly don't care. Last year my hair was down to my bra strap and I cut it off before wearing my hair natural. I cut it off again to about ear length. My hair grows pretty fast so I'm not worried about cutting it off and "starting over".

• i've always had hair below my shoulders. I admit I get jealous over many things, but not because of hair.

• I wish my hair would grow faster! My hair has never been longer than my boobs. And I never cut it unless for a trim.

• I have had long hair to my waist and I hated it! It's was too heavy and tough to manage. Now it's a little below my boobs.and I like it that way.

• Its normal 2 b a bit green I think especiall when a haidresser messes ur hair up. I had knee length hair which is curly cse I'm mixed but yea thse girls wr so friendly wanting me2 go with em 2 the hairdresser and went behind my back apparently 2 tell the hairdresser2 cut over a metre off when I jst asked 4 a trim. so yea its annoyin when u left with a hairstyle u hate. but yea my hair waist lenth now. next time if u really wna change your look u could try wearing diFferent wigs and while u w8ting 4 ur hair2 grow maybe put in sme extentions and get sme vitamins : )

• Not me.

My hair is near that long when I straighten it, it's really curly, and I hate it. It gets in the way and it feels heavy.

• Welly pubic hair is down to my knees. Why would I be jealous?

• yea I used to have long hair when I was little but after puberty it stopped growing and now I'm stuck with shoulder length and I hate it and I'm jealous of grls with long hair