What do you wear to someone's graduation?

Wearing a dress is my last resort. From what I've seen jeans are a big no, unfortunately those are all I have. I have some slack type pants, but they're black and it's summer time.

link

I was thinking of wearing these, but they're still pants. I thought them being not blue might change something...

or are black leggings okay with a nice shirt?

I know for my shoes and I'm wearing some black gladiator style sandals( they're nicer than they sound).

Updates:
is this outfit okay? (sorry for pic quality)

link
okay thanks to everybody that answered :D
I went and it was very very casual, so I didn't have anything to worry about. Wore my outfit and looked nice.

0|0
7|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally would not wear jeans to a graduation. Whenever I see someone at a graduation wear them, I think that person is under-dressed for such a special occasion.

Dresses link

Pants link

Skirts link

Not formal, but semi-formal.

1|0
    1|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.

What Girls Said 6

• You sound like you don't like to dress up, sorry for your BF. It's your choice to go looking too casual to a graduation. Leggings? Just don't go. If you want to look nice wear the dress, swap the legging for pantyhose and wear some heels. You'll look great, but it's your choice.

0|1
    2|0
  • black leggings should be fine :) especially with the gladiators. graduation ceremonies are usually semi-formal (so you don't have to wear a dress) but it also shouldn't look like you're going out partying or going to hang out at the mall. (hope that helps :) )

0|0
    1|0
  • just wear what you feel comfortable in and if that jeans wear them, then just dress it up with a dressy top and shoes and you will look fine

0|0
    1|0
  • I think that outfit is awesome :)

0|0
    1|0
  • The first jean is better for a fresh look. But why always pants? You can try more style, like a pretty dress with heels, updo hair. Will be cute for celebrate her or his graduation. He will be proud for your beauty!

0|1
    2|0
  • looks good

0|0
    1|0