What do you wear to someone's graduation?

Wearing a dress is my last resort. From what I've seen jeans are a big no, unfortunately those are all I have. I have some slack type pants, but they're black and it's summer time.

link

I was thinking of wearing these, but they're still pants. I thought them being not blue might change something...

or are black leggings okay with a nice shirt?

I know for my shoes and I'm wearing some black gladiator style sandals( they're nicer than they sound).

is this outfit okay? (sorry for pic quality)

link
okay thanks to everybody that answered :D
I went and it was very very casual, so I didn't have anything to worry about. Wore my outfit and looked nice.

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally would not wear jeans to a graduation. Whenever I see someone at a graduation wear them, I think that person is under-dressed for such a special occasion.

Dresses link

Pants link

Skirts link

Not formal, but semi-formal.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• You sound like you don't like to dress up, sorry for your BF. It's your choice to go looking too casual to a graduation. Leggings? Just don't go. If you want to look nice wear the dress, swap the legging for pantyhose and wear some heels. You'll look great, but it's your choice.

• black leggings should be fine :) especially with the gladiators. graduation ceremonies are usually semi-formal (so you don't have to wear a dress) but it also shouldn't look like you're going out partying or going to hang out at the mall. (hope that helps :) )

• just wear what you feel comfortable in and if that jeans wear them, then just dress it up with a dressy top and shoes and you will look fine

• I think that outfit is awesome :)

• The first jean is better for a fresh look. But why always pants? You can try more style, like a pretty dress with heels, updo hair. Will be cute for celebrate her or his graduation. He will be proud for your beauty!

• looks good