Do most guys have moobs?

Just a little while ago I told my friend that I find moobs unattractive. Keep in mind that I am not a very picky person when it comes to looks in general but for some reason I'm not a fan of moobs.

My friend insists that I'm being unreasonable because most guys have moobs. I don't see a lot of real guys shirtless, only guys on TV and in the media and online and such, so I didn't know that most guys have moobs. Do you think I am being unreasonable?

Yeah I mean man boobs. Fatty tissue on the chest. My friend made it seem like most guys even those that appear to be slim or average have moobs.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say most guys are not in top shape all the time, so it's likely many men you meet will have some fat on their chest. I wouldn't call what most men have moobs though. I guess it depends on where you draw the line... From your update "Fatty tissue on the chest", I would say if you are looking for a guy with no fat on his chest at all, then you're pushing for guys with about 6-8% body fat. The large majority of men have more then 6-8% body fat. Being fit is around 15%, and you are still likely to have a little fat on your chest. I have a little fat on my chest and I can go for a 10 mile run and do over 100 push ups in a row. You think you could keep up with my fitness level. even though I have some fatty tissue on my chest? I doubt it. =P

• Obese is 25% by the way... I think you have unrealistic body image ideas, many girls usually do especially when it comes to themselves. I guess some of them have them in regard to the guys they want to date as well. =S

• link like that and bigger

• That guy looks like he has about 27% body fat as a blind guess. He's overweight, though from the loose skin it looks like he's trying to lose some of it. About a third of the population has a body like that. It's not the majority, but it's a lot of men.

What Guys Said 10

• Most guys have a bit of fat there, but not enough to be called 'moobs' unless they are fat or there are hormonal issues. Eating a lot of soy, and some other things can trigger moobs in guys who are barely overweight at all.

• I don't have any and I haven't seen "most" guys have them either, generally if they are fairly overweight and out of shape they do though. Most guys generally don't have them at all

• Depends on your geographic area. Some areas of the world are more obese than others. I'd say the majority of us don't. The ones who do generally have a belly to match the man boobs.

• Most guys have moobs because most guys are overweight. That does not make it okay

• Misread question. YES, you are being unreasonable... ONE MORE THING: HAVE A NICE DAY!

• What makes it unreasonable?

• Just one question: could you overlook that ONE flaw if he had other qualities you found attractive?

• More than likely. It's one of those deal breaker things. I don't have many things that I would consider deal breaker though.

• Sort of... I ... Nevermind.

• a lot of guys I see don't have man boobs

• Well, I believe most people, aside from the really built guys (even then, they might have a legitimate medical issue), have some fatty tissue there. It would really depend on how much can be there without it being considered moobs.

• If the guy is heavy than yeah probably does have moobs. But, if he isn't heavy or works out his pecs. I'm sure that he doesn't. If you meant most guys in the world, I'd say no. But if you meant most guys where you live, then I don't know. I don't know the guys where you live.

• Most guys don't have moobs. They'll have pecs of varying degrees. My chest isn't very big, just a bit of definition.

What Girls Said 5

• I seldom see guys with moobs so I think your friend's theory isn't all that correct.

• Moobs? Only fat or very unfit guys have that.

• You're definitely not being unreasonable, your friend is. Even if most guys had 'moobs' (which they don't) it would be perfectly acceptable for you to find that a deal breaker.

• obese guys have moobs.

skinny and fit guys have pecks.

• Is that man boobs? If so I don't think you are being unreasonable. Yeah some guys have them and some guys don't. I wouldn't go as far as to say most guys have them though. I wouldn't completely turn a person down that may them though, they could be a really good person. I like a little meat so they wouldn't really bother me so much. I used to think they were completely unatractive though...That might be because of my dad though. He used to be a pretty big guy and I saw his ta ta's all the time lol he usually runs around shirtless. You can't really help what you are and aren't attracted to though. I would say that you are not being unreasonable. Its just your personal preference.