Dating a guy shorter than you?

Girls are you OK dating a guy that is shorter than you? Why or why not?

0|0
18|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I am 5'5 1/2. I would probably date a guy 5'4 the shortest. But if he was any shorter than that then, I probably wouldn't. I'd really really have to like him to do that.

Women like masculine traits and for a male to be as short as a woman, is a turn off to some.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 17

• If you like the person otherwise, why do so many people make such a big deal of someone's height? That has absolutely no relevance to the other good things someone can offer you as a person, romantic partner, friend, etc.

0|2
    0|0
  • Not really. I'm 5'5" most guys are taller than me anyway. I guess I wouldn't totally mark a person off based on their height, but I prefer for the guy to be slightly taller at least. The shortest guy I've been with was 5'7" so it was almost like we were the same height, fairly close anyway.

0|1
    0|0
  • nah I couldn't do that.. I feel super awkward if he'd shorter, like he can't be as protective or something.. I don't know it's a weird feeling that I don't like to have haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say it's OK as long as he not more than a foot but if the girl is freakishly tall then I would make more of an exception

0|0
    0|0
  • nope I love tall guys I wouldn't date a guy shorter then me I barely date guys who are my height I like tall guys ^_^!

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I'm only 5ft4 if he was smaller than me then he would be particularly short.

0|0
    0|0
  • my friend dated a guy that was like a foot shorter than her. I've never dated a guy who was shorter than me. But I'm not very tall so most guys are taller than me.

0|1
    0|0
  • If were sitting down sure..I wouldn't want people to ask if he's my little brother

0|0
    0|0
  • Id date him but I'm not sure id be his gf

0|0
    0|0
  • no, ilike feeling protected and safe, and short

guys just doesn't do that for me really.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I would. Just not waaaay shorter.

I'm 5'8", I'd like preferably at least 5'7". But I'd go less if I was really into him.

0|1
    0|0
  • I tried once, I always felt massive compared to him. Never again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I couldn't do it all I can think of him as is a cute guy

1|0
    0|0
  • NO because I am only 5'1".

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it would annoy me /always be on my mind. Dated a guy, wasn't shorter than me but still quite small in build and I couldn't get over how weird it felt. Would not do that again. The guy either has to be tall or tall and built. His image just reminded me of a little kid, not cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, as long as you're both happy and compatible.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not okay with this, but only because I'm pretty short myself.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.