Why do you think men put more effort into their appearance these days?

What happened to the whole caveman look? Long beards, dirtiness and worn out rags as clothing.

What do you think caused modern man to put a little more effort into his appearance?

Do you wish men still looked like cavemen and would you be attracted to it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't like the caveman look because I'm a hygiene freak and I really like cleancut guys who look neat and tidy! There's so much more to looks and appearances because women tend to read too much into things like "oh if he's unkempt he probably doesn't have good hygiene habits or he is probably an untidy person", or "oh he dresses sloppily, it probably means that he doesn't care about himself blablabla". It could also work the other way around, like "he dresses well, he is probably full of himself since his appearance means so much to him". Our first impressions of others are usually based on appearance, and since a longgg time ago royalties, socialites and elite upperclassmen have been setting "trends", like being well-groomed & looking smart & spiffy, so mix these 2 together...and you have what we have now.

What Girls Said 5

• I have talked to a lot of my girl friends about this same topic, Most of us agree that the more manly/ caveman look is way more attractive. I don't know what sparked the change but I'm not a fan of it. I like clean cut guys to but I should be the one wearing the skinny jeans in the relationship.

• No no no ! I don't know what caused it but I love it :) I love a well tailored and put together man :)!

• If you look back in history, men were always well put together and put quite a lot of effort into their appearance.

The disgusting "caveman look" is a modern trend that I am not attracted to in the least.

• Do you like metrosexuals?

• You do know a male that takes care of his appearance is not automatically a metrosexual, right?

• well for starters kings and gentleman have always been impeccably well groomed...things are much better now.

• It's not just men it's women too.

As time goes by more is expected when it comes to looks in order to be considered attractive.

It's a mix of hygiene and pop culture influences.

Plus we actually have time to take care of our appearances. Grooming was the last things on people's minds because they had better things to worry about like staying alive.

No, I don't wish men still looked like cavemen.

What Guys Said 2

• Hygiene, I am sure in the past no one minded that you smelt like sh*t because everyone smelt like sh*t but now there is not excuse. It is easy to shave, it is easy to keep a healthy fresh scent, and unless you are homeless there is not reason why you should wear rags. To add, men are competing against other men, men that offer a sharper look tend to give off the idea of luxury and affluence. Both traits women love from the beginning of time. What would previously only be fit for kings is now fit for the masses (i.e. having clean teeth, nice clothes, etc.)

• Do you really need to ask? Girls like guys who take care of themselves (as long as they don't overdo it), and guys like girls.