Should people stop worrying so much about what others think about their attractiveness?

Too many people brood about what others might think of their size or weight or hair style, imao.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, I'm going to stop shaving my legs!

What Girls Said 11

• Yes, definitely. But in our society today that's virtually impossible imo in some form or another. It's like saying "should people just stop fighting with each other so we can achieve world peace?" It's a nice thought, but probably not gonna happen.

• Its hard not to worry about it when society constantly judges one on it.

In general I want to say yes,

but I know that isn't possible when the way you look effects

the job you get, your social group, your dating life etc.

• Yes. Based in the amount of attention we get we already know anyways. The rest is for affirmation

• Yup. Because you'll never please everyone, and everyone ain't worth pleasing.

• I think people should concentrate more on health and fitness, rather than mere aesthetics.

• yes, because if you don't it will later on make you think they same.

• If someone's attractive and they worry about how attractive they are they the person should not do it. But if the person's not good looking then they have to make something like buying clothes that make them look better, a new haircut, loosing weight.

• yes one should stop worrying but hard to do because its so difficult to contradict ones feelings :/

• Youre right.

Its easier said than done. :(

• It would be almost impossible in today's society. Everything is based on looks.

• I definitely agree, but like mentioned below, easier said than done.:/

What Guys Said 7

• Everybody should get into a pattern of exercising, or exercising more. Exercise makes one healthier and can help prevent many problems that can occur such as back aches, arteries clogging, etc. Then, the people doing the exercising can feel better because they are doing something positive for themselves. Beyond that, why worry about attractiveness. Nobody is perfect. Anybody standing in front of a mirror naked will find faults in their appearance, yet many of those faults cannot be seen by others, even if they stand naked in front of the other people.

Find a nice hair style, clothes that look good on you, accessories, etc. Then exercise for your health and appearance, and don't worry about it any more. Worthwhile people who like you do so because of who you are, not what you look like.

• YES!

What so many don't understand is that your INSECURITY about your looks makes you much more unattractive than your actual looks do.

• Well, yes and no. We shouldn't spend a lot of our time worrying about something like looks while at the same time, we shouldn't lack so much care that we like complete bums either. People will treat you in accordance with what you look like. If you dress like a thug, you're going to be treated like one. etc.

• --In my opinion--

Of course they shouldn't worry.

But it's the flaw of Darwin's theory. As we need to reproduce and people know that from adverts, celebrities, paper/magazines and every other bad marketting scheme and gossip related bollocks that we need to look like this, act, and talk like that so that we can get a woman (or a man) so that we can breed and pass on our genetic information.

So everyone (mostly) becomes worrisome in some way or another about their appearance so that they stand out from others and have a better chance or procreating.

In an ideal world, people wouldn't be bitchy, sly and underhanded or so insecure about such things however nothing is perfectly ideal and it's the world we live (which is only becoming more and more insecure as more technology and body improvement is created).

So we have to make do. Those that understand this are the ones who aren't too worried at all about their appearance.

• Whatever do you mean? I've always naturally assumed everyone else thinks of me as a god.

• worrying doesent solve anything. If your fat and you don't like it lose weight ! if your ugly go and work on your body or buy nice clothes, get a decent haircut but don't cry on the internet ;d

• Honestly no I always worry what others think about me. If I didn't worry I would go insane trying to figure out what they were really saying behind my back.