Why did tattoos become "popular"?

When I was a kid only sailor wore them, and often enough it was either an image of an anchor or a naked girl.

Why the h*** do people "wear" them now ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dont waste your time searching for a good answer. You will never get it. It is the most repulsive form of art. If I interview candidates, I make an effort to see if the person (guy or girl) has tattoos. If they do, I don't have any place at my workplace for such self expression.

• Oh wow . Thanks bro, for the BA. I thought it was kind of a controversial statement and you might not like it. :) ...I stick by what I said.

• No problem :) I've very often gotten illogical answers here from girls, and I'm pretty sick of it (which is why I use this site pretty rarely) - and tattoos are buttugly ...and I'll never know why the heck "society" in the western world thinks that people that don't have tattoos are somehow weird (!) ...but I'll live

What Girls Said 4

• People like artwork on their bodies.

• I have no idea, I wouldn't get one, but to each there own.

• it's about experssing yourself. why not

• hipsters

What Guys Said 4

• IDK seems like a waste of money to me not to mention employers hate them. I will never get one.

• It is kind of overdone. For guys in their late twenties/thirties it's not bad, but when bloody fourteen year olds are getting them it's a bit redonk.

• A great form of self expression and the development of better artists and art.

• For me I love the art.