Going to class in work-out gear

I'm enrolled in summer classes for college and between classes a couple days of the week I have a two hour break. I want to either go to the campus gym or run outside if the weather is nice. That being said, some days I'll probably have to go to class in work out gear (I have a tendency to get carried away and lose track of time when working out.) My hope is that most days I'll be able to change, but under the circumstances if I show up to class in a tank top, sneakers and running shorts (spandex 2.5"-5" inseam) will I look terribly out of place? Is it a fashion faux pas on campus even if I've been legitimately working out?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I'm sure the guys won't mind because it's probably all tight but it is kinda gross how you would work out and then not wash off all that sweat. I think wearing a workout outfit is fine, like it won't look out of place as long as you don't show up wearing only a sports bra or anything. Sometimes I have time after my class to go workout so I wear what I will be working out in when I go to that class and then right afterward go to the gym. No one seems to really care so I think it's fine as long as it's not something that becomes like everyday. It would be kinda weird to only see your classmate in workout clothes.

• I definitely don't plan on making it a daily thing, only on days I need to hoof it back to class because I can't tell time. I'll definitely wear more than a sports bra, especially being on campus in general

What Guys Said 5

• You show up to class in spandex and no guy will be able to concentrate. Maybe get a pair of yoga pants to throw on top of it or something or just get a timer so you can keep your workouts on schedual and change clothes.

• Are you asking guys ... about fashion... faux pas ?!?

• Not specifically guys, about the "faux pas" aspect of things, but to you would you look at a girl like she has rocks in her head

• No. We'd be looking at the girl like we have rocks in our pants.

• Go on do it, class is boring and I need something to oggle.

• spandex pants that short... nothing wrong with going to class that way lol

• who cares if its a fashion faux pas

It wouldn't be

I think your biggest problem would be the other girls/guys talking sh*t

I would make sure that you're not sweating or anything lol

Sweating in a gym is okay but when you're in a public place its not okay lol

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's fine to go with the tank top and sneakers but do you need the spandex under the shorts? Can't you just wear them without it?

• My shorts are spandex for distance running, so I'd just be wearing spandex on the day's I couldn't change

• Ok. I guess I've never had that type for running lol. If you feel comfortable in it, then I guess it'd be okay. I mean it is functional after all.

• I would put shorts or some other pants over the spandex but otherwise that would be fine.

• Yes to everything but the spanx. Throw on some loose shorts over them.

• Yeah, you would.