Why don't girls have v-lines? What exactly is a v-line?

Guys have this part on their body that I have heard referred to as v-lines.

link

link

Excuse me for not knowing much about anatomy but what exactly is it that creates the v-line look? Is it bone, or muscle, or maybe a combination?

I have seen girls with a barely visible v-line. Even the girls who have nice define abs barely have v-lines. This is probably the most prominent v-line I've seen on a girl and her abs aren't even that defined. link

Most Helpful Guy

• Mostly the difference in pelvic tilt, I am guessing. That last girl also does a lot of oblique work. The side abs. If you hit them the right way the increase in muscle tone to those and other groups that attach to the pelvis will give you a little bit of a V.

I like that you don't have bellies like ours. I even like the little pooch thingie most women have.

What Guys Said 5

• this v line is because of the "INGUINAL LIGAMENT" it's a fibrous structure , defined clearly in men than in women

(doesn't anything related to having abs)

• but yeah it's related to having less fat content below your umbilicus.

• I have one and they definitely ate muscle not bone. I imagine girls are less likely to have them perhaps because their wider hips male it less prone or just a different muscle structure. I have seen really muscular women with them though

• i think most people have some sort of v line- that's why sometimes I shave my pubic area smooth all the way down to wear a small string bikini just to the top of my p enis to show my shape

• Abs, specifically a 6 or an 8 pack

• Mybe its because girls are built differently?

and no offense but I initially thought that girl was a dude

if she didn't have boobs or a bikini on; I legitimately would've thought it was a dude

What Girls Said 3

• i think it's just muscles. girls typically tend to have a tiny pooch in their lower belly area where their uterus is. but I think the girls that work out way too much and have a manlier physique (e.g. pink) have some resemblance of them. it might also have something to do with how their man parts lay. I don't know for sure though just what makes sense to me.

• I'm not sure as to what creates it, but I have a pretty prominent v-line. Some women have it, some don't

• I think its like a muscle