I think I'm losing my hair, am I completely doomed in the dating world?

The worst thing of all too is that I've never even had a girlfriend and now I fear that if I really am slowly loosing my hair, it will only make things harder for me. I don't always want to have to wear a hat either. I like hats, I'll wear them a fair bit, but I don't want to have to wear them. Some female opinions would be really great on this issue. Please be honest too.

The trouble with shaving it off though, is I feel that the bald or buzz cut look won't suit me at all! I'm not too sure about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a receding hairline but it just kind of got to a certain point and stayed there. I used to put thickening shampoo in it and that makes it look like it did ten years ago. The only thing is at this point I don't care. I wear hats that I like for their look, or go without, it doesn't matter to me. When I went to class one day without the hat someone asked me if I got a haircut. They had no idea I'd worn a hat for 6 or 7 classes straight and that was the difference.

Think of Ed Beatty, Nick Cage, Harvey Kietel, Sting, Jude Law, the list goes on, and they're all sexy sexy men. (my Bourat impersonation)

I like the hat because it frames the face and girls look you in the eye. Just don't wear baseball hats. Unless you're a farmer. When you're not wearing a hat, keep the sides short and let the top grow a bit, and you can actually have a fairly cool 'do. Think Sting. For some reason having thick sides makes you look like there's less up top.

What Girls Said 4

• Not at all! There is more to a person then their hair. If you're a good guy, your funny and I enjoy spending time with you then you are good just the way you are. I personally love hats on guys especially the golfing hats. Like those old ones from the 1940/50's. *passes out* haha. Something about a guy in that kind of hat just makes me fall in love with them. I love that time era so that's probably why.

For me at least I fall in love with someone its over time not because of their looks. You can shave it if you want but do what makes you comfortable! It sounds so cheesy but it rings true that a person will love you for who you are. :)

So don't worry about it, and don't think so far into it. When you're not confident it projects out to others.

If you tell me what kind of hair you have (straight curly etc) and exactly where you are losing hair I can try and find some hairstyles for you :)

• I like those hats too. I look good in them ;) I need to get one.

• Oh I see! Got it :) well best of luck on the job hunt!

• Thanks! :)

• I think you should still try to shave your hair or buzz it really close. the thing about keeping it long or trying to style it a certain way is that it looks like you are hiding something.Its like an overweight girl wearing super baggy clothes to hid her stomach. We all know what's going on, so why not wear clothes that flatter your shape?

In the same sense, why not cut it/shave it into something flattering so that you are being proactive about it. No shame in losing your hair :)..

• Well, you could take charge and just shave your head, or do the hat thing. If you have a good shape head you should def. shave it off as a preemptive strike. I like guys with hair but I have also checked out some hot bald guys but not usually those guys that wear the hats that you know are bald but they are trying to cover it up. If you embrace yourself people in general will find you much more appealing.

• Just shave it off. That looks way better than trying to hang on to a few strands

• I have more than just a few strands left lol, but I seem to be losing a bit of hair in my bangs area and on top of my head (I think it's thinning, not sure).

• Oh I found one locally with a store locator! Thank you!

What Guys Said 3

• Heck no, the smart girls won't be turned off, they understand you just have good, normal hormone levels. Take me for example, by 24 I was clearly losing it at the temples, and while the really shallow girls wouldn't even look at me, I never missed them. The worthwhile girls actually liked it, it showed I wasn't insecure and resorting to hairpieces or drugs to have a full head of hair.

• My cousin is short, thin and balding and married a reasonable hot girl. He's also pretty shy.

Its not a plus, but its not the end of the world by any means. You know how many of us are tall, muscular, great looking, perfect jaw, rich low voice, perfect hair, perfect d***, perfect in bed, rich, great car, no baggage, confident, funny, 6 pack abs, sensitive and tough in perfect balance, famous, great singer, etc? Not too damn many.

Being bald is not that big a deal.

If you're bald, fat, unemployed, whiny, bitter, ugly and poorly dressed, you might want to start tackling some of those.

• It's a reality you have to deal with so it's best to keep your chin up and look to switch up your style.