Girls: Stretch marks

I have really noticeable purple and pink stretch marks on my thighs. I need advice on how to get rid of them. I asked my doctor and he said that I should try home remedies. I don't like wearing swim suits because of them. I am not over weight. I am actually under weight. So any suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• There's not much you can do at all.

People always talk about creams and vitamins and herbs that will magically make stretch marks disappear. Sounds great if you're a company looking to sell these products. The cold hard truth is, they are here to stay. Surgery is an option to reduce the appearance.

Try looking on YouTube at all these girls showcasing 50 products they "plan" to apply daily on their stretch marks. Look at the video date and see if they actually followed up on their adventure. NONE OF THEM DO. It's all bologna.

• thank you for your opinion. I will keep it in mind.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Bio-oil, rub it on twice a day or so and it reduces the visibility, I had a similar problem to you but with scaring and it did do the trick, you have to be patient with it.

In the end, if nothing works, just embrace your body and be thankful that you only have that minor imperfection, plenty of people out there probably won't even notice them, it'll just be more noticeable to you because it's your body, don't worry about what people think, you're only human and nobody's perfect.

• vitamin e (: apply two or three times daily. it fades them nicely. and always keep your skin very moisturized. it's key! (: hope this helps girl!

• thanks. I will try that.

• You could always try moisturizing every day, but also using an at home tanning lotion could help disguise them. Stretch marks are totally normal. Most girls have them.

• they have a lot of creams that I haven't tried but who knows they might work. a dermatologist would probably be a better medical professional to consult. let me know what you find out though because I hate my stretch marks.