Guys, Is showing bra straps with a tank top trashy?

I bought a tank top today that I need to where with an undershirt and bra but you can see the straps on the side because t\its cut in the middle of my back ( don't wear strapless bras don't suggest that ) But do you find that tacky or trashy looking? link

like this link except the bras not showing just the straps haha

what about this? link
Thanks everyone I'm just going to a theme park so I was wondering not a fancy dinner haha

Most Helpful Guy

• Loretta, get yer ass back in the trailer! What did I tell you about runnin around with yer skivvies showin?! Yer givin yer bruther another hard-on!

Actually, it's not too bad if one pops out of your top (the straps, that is). We know you have strange harnesses and wires and loops and frilly things that have to go under your outfits.

As long as you don't have a pack of cigarettes poking out of your bra, you should be fine.

• Thanks for the BA. If you wore the 2nd outfit, you could just tie a scrunchy around the straps and be okay. Or have your bruther walk around whitcha pinching them together...

• Np your answer just made me crack up hahaha and it was informative lol.

What Guys Said 12

• It's one thing to have just your straps showing, but when I can see half your bra its not attractive. I don't like when girls where tank tops that are to small and their bra cups hang out or can be seen through it. If you are wearing a classy top and your straps just happen to show because the top's straps are thing that's OK. Like this OK link anything more would be to trashy. Even still girls that type of outfit has a time and place I think. If you wear that all the time or outside of a hot summer day, you just look like some shot girl from the local bar.

• Other girls are the ones who make big deals about bra straps and visible nipples; most guys aren't concerned about things like that unless it's a formal affair or they need you to look especially good (meeting their boss or something). Day-to-day? It wouldn't even register to most guys.

• It reminds of women at Walmart or on Jerry Springer.

• Problems with first one, the top is see through to some degree, and I can see the bra pad sticking out. Kinda makes the top pointless... So she's basically walking around without the pink top on.

Update link, I'm alright with that.

• If she's wearing a thin-stringed top of those kinds, then I'd imagine it would be rather difficult to keep the bra straps hidden at all times. I never considered it trashy.

• Not trashy at all especial if she has quite big boobs that need support id expect it.

• not trashy at all ... more in a way sexy

• Some might think, it depends what they are wearing

• I would not say it's trashy. You could do the clear straps though.

• I don't mind seeing this. As long as the bra isn't old and gross (like a stained white bra...ew), then yes it's fine. Even can be a bit sexy on some girls :)

• Yes. I do not like seeing them.

• It's no big deal but if you were going some where classy or a party I would expect the straps to be hidden

It does look better without but with the straps is no big deal to me

What Girls Said 9

• In that picture, you can her nipples which is worse than the bra straps issue.

With that style top and that bra then yeah, it looks really disorganised and pretty lazy, however I think that it can look quite cute and subtle if it's only poking out a bit or if the straps on the top are the same width as the bra, depends greatly on the style of the tank top! I don't think it's an overly important issue though, just don't copy the look for the picture by any means aha.

If it bothers you that much, just go strapless or get clear straps! Sorted :)

• I don't find it trashy at all. At least not in a casual environment. But when you're going to some fancy event then I'd say leave the straps but with a tank top I see nothing wrong with it :)

• Why don't you get normal bras with detachable straps, so you can cross them over at the back?

Or a sports bra, which usually have razorbacks: link

Or you can get those clips to pull your bra straps together: link

• I don't think it's trashy, but you can get bras with the little clip things on the back to hide them if it bothers you.

• I wouldn't call it trashy, just not well put together. you should find a strap tank with straps thicker than bra straps or find a bra with thinner straps than tank. its not complicated.

• I think it's okay for regular daily wear and school but I wouldn't wear something like that to work.

• It's not trashy.

• If you are just hanging at the beach or at a friend's place it's fine.

• It's not trashy.