Is being innocent and pure a bad thing?

So, I'm known as the school "prude". I'm Christian, I don't like dirty jokes, and there is NO WAY I will have sex until I am married. At school, people talk to me like I'm a little kid. They say things like "your so cute"... guys and girls both.

I'm not like... over the top about it, but when people ask me my views on certain things (sex, dress, etc), I have a really conservative and modest view point on them. (some people don't like me at all for this)

Are purity and innocense annoying qualities for a16 year old girl to have?

Would you ever have intrest in a person who was pure and innocent?

Most Helpful Girl

• i was, and am in your shoes and I'm 20! hah! I can answer this question very well because I've been in your shoes! People still say the same about me, I have tough times fitting in with the rest of the crowd, everyone drinks, smokes, has sex, parties and I'm sitting in my little corner reading. I have ambitions, I have interests, I am open to go out have fun, but my type of fun is not getting wasted and knocked up...its being responsible, having an awesome time with my buds, getting home safe and most importantly, being myself. I never let people get to me, and you shouldnt either. Just be proud of who you are and be confident! Don't show the world who you are, if they ask, theyll find out for themselves. When you get to college, trust me it gets worse, people change, get exposed to more peer pressure to fit in, guys wanna get laid, be bad ass, you get swayed in easily especially if you dorm at your school, where you live with people and have no choice but to find a group of friends. You just have to be strong and find friends like your own type with similar morals, people you can click with.

In the end, its worth it sticking to your own beliefs! I have had people told me they admire me, look up to me, wanna be like me, wish they were in my shoes, I've had guys like me because I'm different, and not like other girls who don't know where they stand and are confused, I've had guys tell me I intimidate them and that I am the dream girl most mature men want to be with in the end. Trust me that feeling is the best feeling ever, to know you're happy being you and that there are others out there who like you for who you are.

being innocent and pure and not bad and will never be. its not necessarily better than those who are immoral, everyone follows a different path in life, everyone has their own definition of right and wrong, you just gotta do what you wanna do and what you believe in, and if you make a few mistakes, don't worry because that's what life is all about, learning from mistakes and improvng yourself.

hope this answers your q =)

What Guys Said 5

• Boy are you ever doing the right thing! It takes a lot more character to hold to what you believe in, than it does to go along with what everybody else is doing. We mustn't ever feel superior to others because of this, or judge others by our standards, as our standards do not apply to them until they submit their will to God. I'm not suggesting that you do this, I just know that others are put off when this happens. Otherwise, stick to your guns, and watch what happens. Sometimes you may feel a little alienated perhaps, but over time this will even out. In the long run you will never regret your choice. Someone with your qualities is wondering the same thing as you are right now, and when you meet...fireworks! It's well worth waiting for! Be blessed!

• Good for you. I think it is worth it to have standards, and it will be double worth it when you find a guy with the same standards as you. Kudos to you. =)

• Absolutely it's not. You will find it repels some guys, but those are the guys you don't want anyways. If you're looking for a good guy, then he's going to look for someone more innocent, then a girl that sleeps with a ton of guys.

• Haha, I am teased for being a "good little mormon" even though I'm not

But ya, its not bad, you're not a slut getting all sorts of STDs, you are probably going to go far in life!

• Personally, I honestly couldn't care less. Although we would probably never be friends since I'm guessing our interests would take us down different paths, but I wouldn't hate you for it or anything.

• Well that's good to know.

a lot of people really seem to hate me for it... and I can't seem to understand why.

im the exact opposite of mean!

:)

What Girls Said 4

• No it's a good thing-much better than being a slut who noone respects. But I understand how you feel when you get treated like a kid. Even though I'm not christian or anything like that I get treated like a kid by all my family because I'm the youngest and they will always see me as a baby that needs to be protected and even my friends (who aren't older than me) always say aww bless and aww you're really cute and they think I can't do anything for myself. God knows why because its not like I act like a kid but when they say things like that it really annoys me. Anway, you should be proud because it's a good thing and makes you special from lots of other girls :)

• i don't think it's a bad thing at all, I think not being a slut who goes out and gets STD's would be attractive to the guys who are worth your time.

im 19 and am a virgin...in fact I've never even kissed a guy. I think you should just wait until you feel comfortable in doing whatever it is you wanna do. it doesn't matter who old you are don't let people pressure you, it will take you a long way in the end. :)

• definitely not..some people are just jealous that they can't wait...but it really is a good thing that you do wait...having sex with someone that you know that you can trust and love is way better than sleeping around and having one night stands...even better you want get any kind of stds or aids,etc.

• Yes I have had friends with people who are pure and innocent and she is 23 years old and never even kissed a guy. I am 24 and I have had some sexual experience and most of the relationships were not committed relationships. To be honest they weren't all that satisfying though I did learn something about myself.