Do you think it's harder for extremely beautiful people to find true love?

I often wonder if nice people seeking love tend to not ask really good looking people out since they don't think they have a chance? Then that leaves the really mean people to date. For example, gorgeous models or actresses being cheated on by spouses or beaten up. What's up with that. Are beautiful people more at risk for this type of thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• there is truth in that , that really attractive girls intimidate a lot of guys so only the jerks go for them. Also, absolute power corrupts absolutely, (at least a lot of the time) so a really attractive person often turns out to be a crazy psycho themself since all these people are throwing themselves at them.

What Guys Said 5

• The question should rather be if they meet the "standards" of being seen as good people. What goes around comes around and it's always two people (at least) causing a conflict, never only one alone.

Most people of this kind I had to deal with were arrogant and selfish and that's then the kind of partner they will get. There were a few exceptions to that but those had a loving partner who was with them since a long time already. Every medal has a reverse side...

• no, I think it's equally hard for people to find true love regardless of their looks. however, I would be tempted to say that very beautiful people are more likely to end up being controlled by possessive partners - their partners might end up more insecure because they are aware that they get more attention.

• I don't think so, they have so many choices its insane. Although I guess they must find really shallow people too though, people that only like them for their looks, BUT they get as many people with good intentions any ways. I think everybody struggles but good looking people have it easier any ways, it has been proven scientifically too.

• Nah it's hard, as hell but I agree with mosta ure comments. The attention is nice to know you're that good looking, but I think that's all people care about how you look. :(

• no I don't think so. I think its equally hard for anybody to find true love

What Girls Said 3

• i have to totally disagree. think zombies...they come out of the woodwork everywhere to get YOU! good looking people get SO much attention, the only thing they probably grapple with is making choices out of the extremely large pool they are wading--drowning in. But unnatractive people are cheated and beaten by their spouses just as much as attractive people. Bad character is a people problem, not a superficial one based on looks. The problem with society, is that we are shocked when a beautiful person gets cheated on; but think nothing if an average to unnattractive person is cheated on.

• Funny you ask this because one of my closest, very beautiful friends is with some a**hole who knows nothing about respect, demands to know what she's doing all the time, and clings to her the way a baby clings to his mama's tit. It's bleeping ridiculous. He's one of the hot, popular guys who has been able to sail through life with a crappy personality thanks to our superficial society. It's really sad to watch her settle with this jerk when she deserves a guy who is on a level her boyfriend can't even comprehend. I think their relationship is very superficial and shallow, but she's so consumed by desire for sex and a strong desire to feel loved and appreciated by a guy that she won't even take the time to stop and realize she's settling for a crap relationship.

I've seen quite a few hot people; guys and girls; do this.

• they do say that beautiful women often find the jerks who are sexually motivated, and that beautiful women may be less approachable, normal nice guys assume they are taken or will just reject

• I think they do assume nice looking girls are taken. I am a nice person a model/actress but never get approached. I like a really nice guy now but he can't even look me in the eyes.