How important are looks to you?

I tried my best to make the most reasonable options, but feel free to add in your own if you don't agree with these.

• Very important, if I don't find them hot I won't even bother
  • Somewhat important, they don't have to be hot but just cute/decent
  • Not really important, I favor personality first then looks second
    Vote C
  • Who cares? If they make me laugh and enjoy myself I'll go with them!
    Vote D
  • Other, please explain
    Vote E
oh, just to clarify I mean for someone your dating not yourself lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone always says that it's so shallow that looks are somewhat important. Yes it is shallow, but, to most people they are important. Why do you think we put on makeup, get clothes that probably flatter us, go out with friends to parties, clubs or bars and try to socialize? It's most likely not to meet new friends. Also, looks are what draws someone to another person in the first place. Personality is what hooks them in and makes them stay. So yes, to me they are important (I must be at least somewhat attracted) because that's what brings me in and then when I get to know them, it's what makes me stick around.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 26

• As long as he takes care of himself physically and I don't need to put a bag over his head it's good

Oh I prefer a full head of hair :~}

• I'm between B and D :p one side of me is boy-crazy for cute chubby guys and the other side just of me becomes incredibly easily aroused and attached to guys with awesome personalities. thankfully, my boyfriend is both :]

• lol, that gives me hope that if I have a good personality I can get a girl

• how would a guy know if you liked his personality? would you be really friendly to him(like more than usual)?

• i'd be a little touchy :p I tend to do the arm touch thing often lol

• Exactly normal, it's 50/50 I try to get the both of both, personality and looks.

However, sometimes the personality makes a person more attractive so it's hard to call!

• Wow.. I did not read my answer through, I'm tired! what I meant to say was "Normally, it's 50/50 I try to get the best of both - personality and looks. However sometimes the personality makes a guy more attractive so it's a hard one to call. I voted B"

• its interesting you say that cause I was talking to my sister and she said something similar, like feeling attracted to someone when you like who they are...

• yeah pretty much, if they aren't amazing looking but still have a really good personality then I won't let the looks thing hold me back, if I like who he is inside that's what really matters overall.

• I would have to be attracted to someone to date them even in looks you have to be to love someone you have to love all of them and just to make it clear if you think about it every person is attracted to someone by looks and every person is attracted to different types some people like heavy people some people like tiny spinners so it all evens out.

• when it comes down to dating come on now, we have to be attracted to the person. it all goes into play looks personality smell. you have to enjoy these things about the person otherwise I mean you could "make" it work but who wants to do that. dating is a pleasure. so you have to be pleased at one level or another

just sayen lol

• well, most people picked the middle ground of looks and personality. something I've noticed moreso in girls is that they can grow attracted to a guy if they really like who he is. that doesn't happen so much with guys, although it does still.

• I think both C and D. I usually go for the ones with looks but if I met a guy whom I ended up liking and he just so happened to be not attractive, it wouldn't bother me that much at all. It's pretty much a bonus if the person has the most amazing personality and is decent/ cute/ hot. As I said before, I don't go looking for the not so attractive ones, I usually go for the cute/ hot ones but personality is first on the list. If they are hot but have an all round absurd personality, then I would just forget about it. This is just my opinion :)

• I'm not going to lie. I'm pretty shallow.

I don't go into a place to meet someone and automatically think: " that person is pretty ugly but I'm sure he has an amazing personality, I'd love to get to know him better. "

No one thinks like that. The only thing that comes to mind if weather they look good or not.

• I have to be attracted to them. If I can't see myself kissing you then it's just not going to happen.

• Something between B and C. Personality is definitely more important but looks are still important too and I have to be attracted to him at least a little.

• I mean there has to be some sort of attraction, but sometimes that can come after I get to know a guy. Or there may be times when I find a guy attractive, find out he's a jerk, and then the attraction is not really there anymore. You need both, but personality is probably the deciding factor between the two.

• I don't really care. As long as he doesn't look like Quasimodo then he's attractive enough for me. Plus, I don't really have the room to be picky. But I was lucky to get a cute guy.

• B.

But I wanted to pick D. That would be lying to myself..i need to at least be able to look them in the face without cringing.

• I chose 'Other' because I can learn to think someone is attractive due to heir personality but if I never fin them at least somewhat attractive I wouldn't date them.

• well it was personality for me first, and the closer I got with him the more I found him attractive, and now that we've been going out 5 months I think he's sexy as!

• Oh that's cute bt hey becareful my dear not to jump into conclusions 5mnths tz too early take your time cutie relationships are somthng else!

• not really important. just as long as he looks hygienic, not shorter than me, and puts a little bit of effort into his outfits then it's all good. I'm nothing special, so I can't really have high standards when it comes to physical appearance in the opposite gender.

what's important is how a guy makes me feel about myself when I am around him.

• B, imo attraction is important, but I don't hold it above all else.

• for me I love to look good but for the one that I like he doesn't have to be good looking he just needs to have a great personality oh and I wouldn't mind a nice body ;)

• They have to have more than a six pack

• I don't like D and don't like A I do like B and C

• For me its B

• I think there has to be some physical attraction.

• B, there has to be connections on both internally and externally

• I picked B, If I don't find someone attractive on some level then I just can't do it. But if they have a sh*tty personality I don't care how hot they are I can't be with them

• C. When I started dating my boyfriend he was overweight. I still thought he was kinda cute, but I was mostly attracted to his personality. Now he works out 5 days a week and he's sexy as hell. yay :P :D

• pretty important. if I'm not attracted to you, how can I get sexually intimate? well, maybe some people can but I need visual stimulation and attraction. I honestly don't know how to separate what is hot or cute (let alone "decent") by my definition compared to someone else's so...im gonna say I just need to be very attracted to him.

however, if I love his personality he can get away with a bit more but I won't lie - if he's ugly, it won't happen.

• If I don't know the guy and I want to approach him, then looks are the important. If I get to know the guy or if I already know him and I'm looking to have a relationship, then it's his personality that will either attract me further or push me away. I won't base a relationship on just looks.

What Guys Said 22

• Its important to me because if I don't find you attractive, how could we date? Dating begins with attraction, it becomes more stable down the road because of personality and chemistry.

I have dated women before who I was on the fence whether I find her attractive or not, Its the root of any relationship and to deny that shows ignorance, Doesn't mean all of my girlfriends must be models, just I have to find you attractive without make up.

After there is mutual attraction is established, then personalities come into the mix, I have a saying that I probably stole from someone.

"Good looks will give you my attention for 10 mins, but a good personality will make me want to spend the whole day with you."

• For me looks are important but its not the end all be all for decision making on whether I was going to date a girl. It matters more how much I know the girl. If I knew a girl in which we got along pretty well already, looks are going to be not that much of a priority because we would click on so much else. In all honesty, looks are probably more important to me if its a girl I don't know, like if I saw a really attractive girl in a coffee shop. And I think its that way for most people. Why? Because if we don't know the person, all you know about them is from what you see.

Imagine two people that were alike in every single way possible except overall physical attractiveness. One was a 10, the other a 6. And they were sitting alone in a coffee shop. A person approaching either one couldn't possibly know anything substantial about them such as what the do for living, how many friends they have, where they want to go on vacations, etc. The only concrete thing available to the viewer is appearances; think of it as something that person can already check off on a list preferred traits for a partner - the person would more likely approach the one more physically attractive. The only reason a person would approach the less attractive one would be most likely because the hold negative stereotypes against highly attractive people. For example, they might think that all very attractive people are rude or snobby, they are overall very shallow, or that they themselves believe they aren't attractive enough for the other person, to name a few.

Most studies on the subject show that looks are very important... at first. As people get to know one another, the importance of looks tends to fall down the list a little. Think of it this way, have you ever seen someone so insanely attractive. And eventually you go over and talk to them. And when they finally open their mouth you're like "yeahhhh I'm going to go sit down now" lol

• Eh, its important but a lot depends on who she is. I've dated the hot 10s that guys see at bars and clubs, I've dated the sorority girls, and I always broke up with them and wasn't happy with them because of their lifestyle and their personalities. I'm really picky when it comes to people in my life in general, she has to be pretty, but I'm not asking for a super model.

• Voted B, but it's kinda in-between A and B... looks are important, I won't lie. But at the same time, looks don't mean a thing if a girl doesn't have a good personality, or isn't friendly or cool.

I'm honestly pretty picky, but it comes down to me wanting a relationship for the right reasons... I won't settle for anything less than what I want or feel that I deserve. Not saying I expect a "perfect 10" tho either... I don't. Just someone I really like.

• I voted B. I do think that physical attraction is an important aspect in a relationship. She doesn't have to be gorgeous, but I want to at least think she's decent looking.

That said, it's just one aspect, and not the most important one.

• my main reason for wanting a beautiful girl is that I don't want to be out with her in a public place, and lookin at other girls. I want her to be beautiful so that she's the only one I want to look at.

at the same time tho, I don't expect a girl to want to be with me if she doesn't find me attractive.

so its fair to me.

link

• i voted C - personality is far more important, although if there is no attraction there, I would be friends with them rather than date them.

• Between 'B' and 'C'. I like cute/decent girls, but if an average looking girl had a great personality and we really clicked, then the girl becomes twice as attractive to me.

• And if you're all wondering, I voted 'B'.

And it's good to know that girls are a lot less shallow than guys (according to this poll, anyway).

• I vote B

• I want a really attractive woman (at least to me) and I also want personalities to match. They both are important, I need both, not one or the other

• Dem shallow people lol.

• Would you look at those results..surprise, surprise. Women are more vain than men

• Looks matter and Size matters!

• C. Maybe 4/10.

• Im certainly B.

• A; Hot or GTFO.

• i would have to say B

• I vote B, there has to be a physical attraction before there can be a personality attraction

• It's interesting how you put hot above cute.. I'd prefer a girl who was cute than hot (of course both is better xD) but personality comes first

• It's important. If I lose attraction for whatever reason. I"m done. I may be shallow but at least I'm honest about it.

• I chose B, but cute is well above hot for me anyway.

• It is extremely important to me that she has a set of breasts and a vagina.