Attractive people: Does getting hit on get tiring?

I really don't want to sound conceited but it's an honest question. Being attractive can get get annoying! Especially if creepy people hit on me all the time. I also feel like guys just talk to me and be nice to me so they can try and get in my pants. There are times I wish I was average looking so people could take me more seriously, especially guys. I feel like I get no real respect unless I work for it and show I'm more than just a pretty face.

Does anyone agree with me? Does it not get tiring to never be taken seriously because of your looks?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind when guys approach me and want to really talk to me, but having guys gawk at you and all the cat calls get really old.

I feel like most guys are too intimidated to really approach me, but they are willing to stare creepily...and the creeps are always willing to shout nasty things at me.

I told a couple co-workers that I hadn't had a date in 6 months and they both promptly dropped their jaws. One of the girls said she always assumed I had lots of guys after me.

I think the other thing is that guys kind of assume that they can't have a good relationship, great conversation, a caring partner, AND looks...so they kind of just look at you as a pretty face and nothing more. To me that's the most frustrating thing of all.

What Guys Said 9

• Yeah, being evolutionarily successful sukz bawlz.

• I ask a question about a similar topic several months ago, and is one of the most answered questions I ever asked (56 total answers).

link

You can thank me later. :)

P.S. I do feel for you, QA.

• Yes. Yes it does.

I would really appreciate someone get to know me, see what I'm like, and like me for myself personally rather than my well built chin or shoulders.

• I've had girls come out after a month or two of dating and pronounce they have had no feelings for me other than a sexual drive. It's crushing. Every time. I want someone to settle down with, not be some toy...

• Ya, No..

I understand, and I didn't mean to make light of your situation.

But it's just.. the fact that you put emphasis on your "well built chin", as being your main attractive feature, makes it funny.

I didn't mean to offend you.. I get your plight.

• I'm inclined to agree when people I'm not interested in hit on me. When the sexy ladies do it? I consider it a godsend.

• I think most pretty women hate that.

That's why most men get rejected from women who hit on them, which results in men saying women stuck up *****.

I would agree with you only if unattractive people are hitting on you a lot.

If very attractive people in your eyes are hitting on you and that annoys you...well that sounds conceited-imho.

• Boo hoo for the attractive people. It must be hard being desired by the opposite gender.

• i find people are intimidated by my looks and are afraid to approach me that is annoying and they assume because your attractive your conceded that's irritating

• Yeah I hate it, the girls around my age shy away while the women and kids that do not have a chance hit on me trying to get closer to me

and its getting really annoying if you go to places where you like to go, when you meet someone and we click well there's always someone to mess it up for you

I can go around un public and sit at a table with friends to have a few particular ladies looking in my direction all the time up to a point where I get the feeling I'm being watched wherever I go

Sure its hard to communicate with some girls since some are speaking back so silently and shsking with tjeir voice I cannot make out what theyre saying

Its annoying, but I can live with that

• The grass is always greener on the other side

What Girls Said 9

• I agree.

I know exactly how you feel..

Sometimes I dress down so that I won't get as much attention, and I almost always have head phones on when I'm walking around town so that I don't have to hear any weird or sexual comments, It does get exhausting..

Not a lot of people take this kind of question seriously, cause they think it's attention seeking..

But I appreciate your question.

• That's not always the case. I find that just because a guy is talking to you doesn't mean his only intention is to get into your panties. There are guys out there who just want to meet a great looking female & hold a conversation.

It doesn't get tiring at all. At least to me anyways. There is a fine line between a pretty face and intelligence. If you aren't been taken too seriously, maybe there is something missing. I personally enjoy meeting people, even if they are in it for the looks. You just have to show that you're not just a pretty face.

• Yeah it sucks, though. I'm really shy also so it takes a while for me to open up to someone and show my personality

• That could be the reason why you find it a tad bit over barring and tiring. Try coming out your shell more. You would be surprised at the amount of guys that will want to have a conversation past your looks and actually challenge your mind.

• Not really, I kinda like all the compliments and people all acting nice.

The bad part is when you meet jealous girls, but I try to get over it.

• Omg its as if I wrote this question lol. I feel the exact same way. most guys that ask me out just want makeout sessions and NOT a relationship:( 3/4 of them are jerks, the remainining quarter, I'm just nota ttracted to them. And yes, sometimes I've wished being just average so that the guys that asked me out asked me out because they genuinely like me and my soul, not only my body:(

• I wish I had your "problems"! *.*

• only when its creepy old guys o.o

• i hate when ugly people hit on me.

• only when guys can't say nothing more than ''cuuuuute'' ''hot hot hot'' ''can you give me your number?''

• yes. everyone has different standards of beauty. I get hit on a lot, and a lot of male attention. maybe not everyone would think I am amazing looking, and I don't think I'm some VS model but a fair number of men are sexually attracted to me.

and it has both advantages and disadvantages. it sucks when guys just want to use you for sex, I agree. I do think sometimes certain girls may have harder times finding a relationship because of their looks.

• Yeah it's hard to find a guy who sincerely likes me for me and not for looks :/