GUYS: how would you feel if you had a hairy back?

if you had a very hairy back would that lower your self-esteem?

Do you think girls like it?

**It doesn't bother me, I was just curious about it!

Most Helpful Guy

• It would lower my self esteem for sure because I've heard over the years that girls think it's unattractive. I've been blessed with an almost hairless back but I have issues with other things lol.

• "With other things" ?

• Yeah I have confidence issues with other things and hair issues lol. I ummm have hairy ears and hairy nipples which is embarrassing so I shave them and trim the ear hair. Plus I'm really hairy down around my manly area so if I have a girlfriend I'm going to have to figure out a way to trim it and/or shave it.

• Awww OK, I understand now...I wouldn't worry so much, hair can be removed with wax or laser, there are things you can't fix for sure as being stupid...so I prefer hair than stupid! ha ha ;)

What Guys Said 21

• First, let me say that I do not have one. I imagine if I did that would lower my self-esteem.

A good friend of mine, in the past, had an extremely hairy back and he was very self-conscious about it. I remember one Saturday evening before he had a date a bunch of his friends and myself got together and waxed his back before his date. It hurt him like hell but he was happy when it was over. On happy note he ended up marrying that girl and they are still together, probably been about 12 years.

• are you just describing the " 40 year old virgin"? with a few changes?

• Awww good story, thanks for sharing, a hairy back is OK for me, if he's a nice guy!

• crazybastard - I've never thought about the correlation between that story and the "40-year-old Virgin", I will have to tell him next time I see him. It's funny

• I have a hairy back, and chest, and legs, and arms, and face, and neck, and almost everywhere else. Though not on my palms, or soles of me feet, or tops of the end segments of my fingers, or on my eyelids ( I do have eyebrows, I'm talking the actual eyelids).

When you see a girl shudder in revulsion at just the thought of a hairy back, it feels like crap.

When you here girls shout out to you at the beach to put a shirt on because they don't want to see a hair back, it feels like crap.

When you see the results of surveys asking women if hairy backs are OK, and 90% say they don't like it, it feels like crap.

Anxiety over those sorts of numbers when dating a girl feels like crap. All the time thinking, will it be a deal breaker with this one...

Should I warn her before letting her find out for herself...?

However I know it comes from higher testosterone levels than other guys, which make me more manly, but it is a hollow comfort. Being medically more masculine is of no direct use to me when it comes to dating.

I've tried waxing, depilatory cream, but not shaving, and I don't like any of that. I've become used to not having my shirt actually touch my skin. Plus waxing the back of your shoulder (Trapezius muscle) is a particularly unpleasant experience as the hair is very thick and very strong, often stronger than the person doing the waxing, and they'll need 2-4 goes at pulling that strip off, and they can't do it fast as the hair is stronger than them. Then they need to repeat that several times to get the large area.

Then there's the waxing your spine, this is a VERY weird and unsettling feeling, I don't know how else to describe this.

I don't like the cream as it does bad stuff to my skin, and I break out in a weird reaction to the poisons/acids in the cream..

So I've stopped trying to remove it, if that means women will break up with me because of my hairy body, then so be it. Though I have converted a few, because it does actually feel good, and not like wire like they imagined.

All in all I am made to feel like crap due to my hairy back, particularly when you see a girl shuddering in revulsion at the thought of a hairy back.

• Dude I understand what you are going through. We must accept it and accept to live without women.

• yeah, I think it would. I would perfer to have a smooth back, which makes it nicer for a girl to rub.

• Having a hairy back is not something you can control, it is what it is. If someone has a self esteem issue over back hair or hair anywhere else on their body this is the fault of the parent for not teaching them properly. I do have some hair on my back, however I wax or shave it because I don't like it. I believe, basically this is a cultural issue. I wish that people would learn to be more open minded.

• I would test out for a roll in Twilight or Teenwolf as the lead character.

• im starting to grow some back hair and it doesn't bother me at all unless it turns out to look like this link

• Hahahaha! yes, that's what I mean! :) it's not so bad!

• If it was really hairy then I would want to get it waxed. If they were barely noticeable then I wouldn't really care.

• I would think it's aight.

• Lol I've got hairy legs, I don't have a hairy back though. My arms are fairly hairy as well, but isn't quite as noticeable.

• I do have a hairy back and I don't like it, eventually I'll just get it removed with a laser though so no big deal (well except for the few thousand it will cost lol) I have quite a bit of chest hair too

• My upper back (shoulders) are very hairy...wife is threatening to shear me...after 17 years...what got into her?

• I would wax it. I have hairy legs, but I like them that way.

• WAX!

• No and no

• Hmm, I haven't got a hairy back but if I did I'm not sure if it would bother me that much.

• Probs, no I don't. Do they?

• i think it would be awful lol

• I don't have any on my back. But I do have an average hair chest and stomach and I hate the hair on my stomach soni trim them to zero. I guess I would have hated them on the back.

• I would spend money on it to get it waxed because I would hate it-good question 5 stars

• Hahaha! ok! thanks for my 5 stars...not only dating questions, you see? :P

• I don't know, I got no hair on my back

• I am pretty heavily hairy. Girls hate it.

What Girls Said 4

• At first glance, a really hairy back might not be attractive, or even a turn-off, but it wouldn't keep me from talking to a guy and getting to know him better. That's a really minor thing. Some chest hair is fine, though.

• Yes, minor thing for me too!, as long as he's a nice guy.

• Body hair in general kinda grosses me out. A hairy back crosses the line though

• Well if your name is Taylor Lautner and you're a werewolf.. I say it's sexy (;

• I knew a guy that had a hair one once he hated it.