How to not be so self concious about my body?

I hate my disproportionate body. I'm 5'8 and 130 pounds which is considered normal for a man my height... The problem is I just look horribly disproportionate. From the front I look like a stick and from the side I look all screwed up. My arms are tiny but my ribcage is thick which alone makes me look disproportionate from the side...

I can't lift weights...it does NOTHING. I can't stuff my face with food because my body just burns it all off without much of a mass increase. What am I supposed to do?

It kills my confidence... That I look like a disproportionate stick except for from the side I look like a guy with an oversized ribcage and tiny tiny arms.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yo trust me I know what you mean about the mass increase. People like us need to eat a lot because of our metabolism. What I've been doing is splitting my meals and spreading them out throughout the day. I've also been taking whey protein to get that extra boost. This is my motto: If you feel like you could've ate more, you didn't eat enough. You want to feel like a pig by the end of the day, because that's when you know you're consuming enough food. Work out, do your compound exercises ie: Squats, Deadlifts, etc...and just bulk up. I'm actually eating right now.

What Girls Said 1

• Get a trainer to work on your diet and exercise. If you don't have the money, do the research online and what to do to build muscle mass. Not much more I can say tbh.

What Guys Said 1

• I use to be pretty skinny with high metabolism back in high school. I was in the same boat as you so I was a bit insecure with my body. I started lifting weights and played sports again about 2.5 years ago and now my body more leaned and toned and now I feel great!

Unless you have money to fork up for plastic surgery. You have to lift weights and eat ALOT. Create a weight lifting program that works for you and target the muscles you want increase and lift HEAVY with clean form. The next important factor is diet. Since you have a high metabolism, you have to eat ALOT. Eat healthy as much as you can. Lean meats for protein and rice/pasta/bread for carbs. Drink protein shakes after you workout but don't substitute it for real food. It's hard work so you have to work at it.

Lift hard and shred those muscles, and rebuild those muscles by eating as much as you can. Don't forget to rest and sleep for proper recovery. There's tons of guides online for you to research. Good luck!