Why do girls say that looks don't matter as much with guys?

when they obviously do? you wonder why a lot of "unattractive" guys try to get with you or have high standards. on top of that its almost as if girls find the wrong things attractive in a man. or don't even value traits that are actually or should actually be attractive. the guys that are most physically attractive will use their traits to have sex with as many women as possible, while guys that may not be as physically gifted almost always value a woman for who she is and want long term relationships? which one of those outlooks are more attractive? I would hope girls would say the long term outlook.

there are many areas these guys make up for in. and many "attractive" guys look like complete a holes anyway. not to mention often times have bad social habits or choose less than respectable lifestyles that should be deal-breakers to women however for whatever reason their looks completely sways the girl the other way and she ignores all the negative traits. looks don't matter? right...

they seem to be everything by the way things actually work out.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women are emotional based beings. When it comes to having a relationship it's about more then looks. If you're talking about the guy they just hooked up with at a party, then yes, looks are the main factor. They were just looking for someone to f***. Anyways, I observe more attractive women with unattractive guys then I do attractive guys with unattractive women.

• yeah I notice that more too. which is why I have hope lol. and like I'm not even ugly. I'm somewhere between a nerd and a bad boy looks wise I would say. I have certain traits of both. just a normal guy really.

What Girls Said 3

• You're getting "looks don't matter AS MUCH" confused with "looks don't matter much". Looks do matter. I would not be interested in getting romantic with a guy I don't find attractive. Yes a guy might have some qualities that would be desirable in the long term, but if I wouldn't have sex with you why would I force myself to date you? That isn't fair to me or him. That would just be one of those relationships where the unattractive boyfriend is wondering why his girlfriend never wants to have sex with him and the girlfriend is constantly looking at other men and getting tempted by someone she is attracted to.

And to be honest, guys are guys. You can't say that many attractive guys are complete a**holes as if ugly guys can't be that way as well. Ask any girl who has decided to forgo attraction because she thought she'd look beyond the guy's unappealing looks and date him for other qualities -- ugly guys can be a**holes too. No that is not true that guys who aren't physically gifted almost always value a woman for who she is and want LTRs. No, that is not at all.

But if we're being completely honest, I will give a guy I'm really attracted to a little more leeway. I think both genders do that. I can understand that if a guy is hot then I'm not the only girl who would think so, and that would put him in situations where he could get tempted. But to be fair, the only reason why most ugly guys don't cheat is because they don't get the same opportunities. It isn't because they are more noble, its because they aren't in demand by many women forcing them to try to get in LTRs because they can't be players. I know that sounded mean but it is the truth. Lets be honest, if the ugly guys were getting girls throwing themselves at them they'd probably be doing the same thing as the attractive a**holes lol

• Haha, this is funny bro. True story, I date guys that tend to not be what you would consider "attractive" most of them just wanted sex :D tell me why when I go for what you would consider "attractive" the dudes aren't stressing over sex? I mean I've got a killer body and I know that, so I expect guys to get a little grabby and what not. Dude, all I'm saying is that the guys that I've dated that were "attractive" were very respectful and saw long term things with me. This stereotype I've proved it to be wrong :p regardless of looks if the guy wasn't raised right he won't respect anyone and will just be a d***; attractive or not.

• well then date attractive guys then lol. beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyways so you may see things in more of an opposite way from what I said. I definitely feel like some player types of guys aren't even that good looking either and somehow they get all the girls so I don't know date cuter (and more endearing) guys then and see what happens. why wouldn't you want a better looking guy than what you're going for?

• who cares what guys think. date someone that you like. as long as he's a decent guy we don't care anyway lol.

• Haha, okay :)

• Looks aren't THAT important to me...i mean yeah, a guy has to at least be decent looking...but he doesn't have to be the most attractive guy in the world lol. Personally, I'm falling in love with a nerd, a dork, and no...he's not the most attractive guy in the world. I mean, I would not even consider him on my list of top 100 hottest guys I've seen, but his personality is what gets me (: his sense of humor and the way he smiles and lights up when I make him laugh too! It's his personality that draws me in, not his looks...but I do know a lot of other girls do just go for guys based off of looks and that's sad...

• well I for sure know that I'm at least "decent" looking lol but I've never had a girlfriend! D:

• haha well I frequently hear from older women that I'm handsome and it seems that there are a select view that monitor my Facebook activity fairly often :/ I don't mind lol but it would be nice to see some younger women my age keeping up on me and seeing me for who I am. just to be appreciated by someone that I could see myself with.

• exactly. I feel the same way.

What Guys Said 4

• i guess they don't want to sound shallow because they think they are seen as the nurturing, caring, softer sex

• pr3ttybrown, I hate women like her

• they feel entitled to sorrow

• looks matter equally

• so why do girls insist that they don't matter as much?

• cuz it sounds bad to say that. I'm sure some girls it doesn't matter as much and to other girls it matters a lot