How can I deal with my hair?

i have thick long wavy brown hair. I feel that it is too big sometimes and wish it was smoother and less spread out. how can I do this? I don't want to use hair gel, mousse, or anything else that's sticky and will make my hair hard.

thank you very much :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Use a good shampoo and conditioner that thins you thick hair out. Lee Stafford poker straight shampoo and conditioner is what I use and this really does smooth and thins your hair out like mad. Plus it makes it helps more straight or at least sleeker. Really give it a try! I didn't think it's possible that a product can "thin" your hair but it does. IF you don't want to try that then I'd suggest using any other product that are there to tame hair. John Frieda smoothing cream is good and its definitely not sticky. I wash my hair once a week and I use that almost daily and it doesn't make my hair oily at all plus it smells so yummy. Lastly what I would also recommend is Loreal smooth intense mask for every week or so. It does a incredible job at smoothing the hair. All in all it's very much possible to deal with hair like yours and you're stuck with it yes but you can definitely make improvement that can last long. I have thick thick hair that used to be frizzy, dry and horrible looking. After years of taking care of it and using good products as well as regular salon treatments I've managed to change my hair completely. It is possible, you just need to use the right products and learn how to take proper care of it. Oh and another tip, don't wash your hair in hot water. That can make it more coarse looking and explain why it's "spread out". I hope this helps as I can totally relate to thick hair. It's a nightmare but at the same time I believe it's a blessing. Oh and another thing, don't get your hair thinned out. I've done this before twice and my hair only seems to fluff more than anything else. It can make your hair more thin yes, but there are drawbacks like the fluff and frizz when it grows back out.

What Guys Said 2

• Shave it bald then use a hair straightener as soon as its long enough and condition it alot. If that doesn't work then keep shaving it bald. You might also need to wax the stubble then maybe use some kind of polish for an overall shiny look.

• You're stuck with it. I have the same kind and I flat ironed it once just to see what it would look like. It looked good but..it immediately became curly again. You're just going to have to deal with it the way it is. I'm currently growing mine out to get dreads (it's the guy craze right now)

What Girls Said 1

• We have the same hair! -_- Would you want to cut it? I have seen girls with reallyyyyy thick hair go get it thinned and it always looks REALLY nice afterward, and more manageable. Or you can get a good straightener (I have a sedu it was like $120ish when I got it about 6 years ago but does a GREAT job), and be able to wear your hair down without it going all over the place lol. Hm besides cutting or straightening it though I don't really have any more ideas =/