To shave or not to shave?

So girls why do you shave your arms? Men do you like women who shave there arms?

I personally have no interest in shaving my arms, I could never keep up with that and I would hate to have any type of stubble.
G wiz people, I think someone down voted everyone :( not nice

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't shave my arms. I don't want to look like a gorilla since when you shave it grows back thicker and faster.

What Guys Said 15

• I have never shaved my arms. I do expect/want women to shave their arms because it's more feminine (in my opinion) for a woman not to have hair on her arms. A few weeks ago, I was on a subway train in New York City, and a teen girl was standing in front of me with her boyfriend (I assume), and she had more hair on her arms than he did. It just made me feel sick. I understand if you think that I am mean, or sexist, but I am just being honest.

• #Wouldn't matter, no biggie. Girls who claim to have very hairy arms don't even have much hair there to begin with

• Ew, arm stubble.

• I don't think I have a preference one way or the other. I've dated women that shaved their arms and ones that did not. I don't think I've given it one thought until now. But if I was pressured into giving an answer I would probably have to say shaved.

• If its soft and light, its sexy. If its long and dark, shave it or find a guy with a freaky hair fetish.

• There is a threshold of visible arm hair that is tolerable before it kills attraction.

That threshold is VERY small.

Pretty much, if I'm going to "notice" it at, oh let's say, 10 feet away, it's passed that threshold.

• I thought all guys liked girls to shave their arms. :\

• I didn't know girls shave there arms. As long as they shave there legs and under arms its all good.

• I think blond girls or girls with lighter hair in general can get away without shaving. Dark haired ones should probably take care of that

• A women for me, to be really beautiful, has to be totally shaved. I h8 girls with hairy arms.

• swimmers do it.

• Unless the girl has very dark or thick/long hair it doesn't really matter.

• yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• I shave sometimes, but not on my arms

• Unless you have gorilla arms, leave it alone. If it's fair in color, you can get away with it more also. If it's border line manly then go ahead and shave it.

• Did I say something offensive? lol

What Girls Said 18

• don't do it! My friend shaved her arms and whenever her arms brushed agianst mine, I would cringe a little... they were so prickily! I know that when I shave my legs they are smooth for about a day then get stuble, my arms would probally be the same, basically I only shave my legs when people will be seeing them, which is just during summer, or with my boyfriend, my arms are shown all the time, I don't want to shave them or cover them all the time. I am lazy and my arm hairs are blond, but I think dark arm hair is fine too, many middle eastern women and other dark haired cultures don't shave their arms, I think it's natural and beautiful,don't pay attention to the 2 or 3 guys on here that say it's not! They can't handle a real women!

Actually I am considering not shaving my underarms, In Europe it's very common, and for me It's comfortable and looks more attractive, screw beauty standards, don't conform if you don't want to, we grow hair for a reason, to protect our bodies and to show mates we are sexually mature... why is looking like a pre-teen sexy? actually preteens hair leg hair and arm hair.. so we are trying to look like infants! ..or aliensO.o

• I kinda agree with you. There are some things that make us human and I honestly don't see the fret in some soft arm hair. I'm a effing human, not a barbie doll. I know many girls who are beautiful and have arm hair and it does not seem to decrease their chances in getting guys. Guys who are going to judge a girl on something as stupid as arm hair need to look at themselves rather and look at their flaws instead cause they're the ones who usually have the most body hair or hairy arms.

• I've thought about doing it before but then I'm like screw it. I'm human, I'm supposed to have hair and I'm already lenient enough to shave the majority of my body hair. Not going to go there as well.

• I don't, and I don't know anyone who does.

It seems a bit pointless.

• I wax everything .. its easy to keep up and gives me a good feeling ..

• i don't have hair on my arms, so I don't have to worry about that. :D

but if I did, I'd probably wax them because shaving gives makes you get that stubble.

• I don't shave my arms simply because I have pretty much no hair on them!

• Some girls do it to have no hair on them. But shaving results in stubble so I would not recommend it...

• Thats what I say! I have a few friends who do it and I just don't see the point

• *coughs*

I just shaved my arms this morning, lol. I hate the feeling! But I totally have a good excuse!

I'm currently am a student at a medical facility and the class is doing blood draws on each other. Bandages and tape do get stuck on hairy arms. Also, I think hairless arms make my veins stand out more. (It's hard for others to find my veins)

Also, the exfoliating properties from shaving helps my dry skin feel soft and stuff :P

• I rarely shave my legs. I do if I know I'm going to get laid, but my boyfriend lives 12 hours away, so that isn't so often :) I don't shave my armpits really unless they start to smell. I always shave my vagina though because I just don't like having hair down there.

my boyfriend doesn't care if I shave or not. He just doesn't like it when my legs are prickly.

• I don't have hairy arms but even if I did, I would wax them rather than shave to discourage hair growth.

• I don't shave my arms since the hair is thin I don't mind it

• Don't need to! The hair on my arms is soft and blond :)

• I tried to shave once but it didn't really make a difference

• I don't do it. I don't see the point unless you have like really dark hair on your arms.

• I shave because I don't like having deordarnt in my armpits

• I don't mean the armpit I mean like your arms your four arm, I shave my armpits and I understand why ladies would want to do that :)

• I have dark hair but I am not hairy. To me it looks better gone. Professional wax at a salon is best. Also, just got a brazilian and I def recomend it!

• Never have and never will

• i don't.