Is wearing tank tops in the summer considered douchey?

This is mainly directed at girls but guys can chip in to if they want to.

Now when the summer is upon us, at least where I live, the weather starts getting very hot. I as a generally warm person even in the winter, get very hot when the temperature starts getting over 20 Celsius or 68 Fahrenheit (that's pretty hot where I live).

When this happens, can I, as a guy, put on a tank top and not feel like a total douche? When being outdoors(going to the beach and so on)

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you should feel like a douche and nobody should think of you as one unless you act like one. So yes a tank top is OK to wear.

What Girls Said 15

• No it's fine. The only look I don't like on guys is the cut off sleeves thing where the shirt is basically turned into a flap in the front and back...It's not douchey, but it's like really? You couldn't just go buy a sleeveless shirt? I dunno, but the beach and hot summer wear is appropriate

• Well I don't wear those, and it's not one of those pasty white ones every fat meanie in the movies have.

• whew that's a relief ^_^

• Wow, I'm surprised you consider over 20 C hot. Still, I think you can definitely wear a tank top and not look like a douche, so don't worry. =)

• I live in a country where there are only two kinds of weather.hot and hotter. I think tank tops are not only not-douchey but are also really sensible.and at the end of the day;its really only your comfort that matters :)

• Dear lord, 20 C is hot?

Anyhow, I think it's context dependent. As a general rule, yes tank tops on guys (in public) is relatively douchey. Maybe with some basketball shorts and sneakers it might look okay (or at least "sporty"/athletic), but I dunnoooo. Here in Aus it's super common, what with the beachy lifestyle - but I still think it's kinda douchey. lol

• Yes it is :P but why is it douchey for me but not for girls with tops? Why does it feel douchey to you?

• Hmmm. Well, I'd say go for it. I'm weird about some things, don't listen to me ^_^

• ok thanks

• Not at all, it's the summer time! What else are you supposed to wear?

• No, you won't look like a douche

• I say you go for it &especially if its hott its understandable

• If and only if you are a gorrilla juice head.

• No, its not douchey at all. I like when guys wear tanks and they are "in" this year.

• No its hot

• its hot

• not to me

• nah, I would never think that about a guy if its hot out. Just as long as you don't look like a meat patty in a tank top I would never think twice about it.

• i love guys who wear tanks aha I don't think its douchey I mean its hot your not going to be wearing a tshirt if that makes you hot. It is summer and you dress to be comfy in the heat and a lot of guys wear tanks around new york so I don't see a problem and another good thing about tanks you don't get as bad as a farmers tan!

• Yes, it is.

What Guys Said 3

• Lol try 100 degrees F then talk about hot

• Where are you from btw? 20C is pretty hot here in Scotland too lol

• Tank tops are sexy if you got the muscles for them, general rule of thumb: no pecs no sex