Do guys really prefer women without makeup?

I look 10x better with it. my skin isn't perfect and I feel that a little but of foundation and mascara and brow pencil can go a long way. BUT my boyfriend is constantly telling me that he prefers me without makeup. What gives?

Thanks everyone. I really will never stop wearing make up though. I love it too much. Make up is fun for me. :p

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the woman but I've seen many beautiful women put on unecessary amounts of makeup and they look so much better without it. A little make up is fine in terms of what I like, but the more natural a woman is all around the better. In general, women have percieved issues with how they look due to society, the media, etc but for the most part, they exaggerate their "problems" and they look great, they just have a hard time seeing it. I think you're fine, a little makeup is doesn't hurt and be happy you have a boyfriend who finds you attractive without makeup.

What Guys Said 14

• I think females, with a good makeup job, ALWAYS look better (even if her face is already excellent).

It's like touching up photographs. With a good touch-up job, the photo is going to look better (even if the photo is already excellent).

I'm one of the few guys on this site that will say that...I absolutely LOVE the girly-girl look. A well done makeup job, done-up nails, and styled hair imo will trump the tomboyish look for me personally.

I like my females to look...feminine. :)

------------

Imo I have a fetish for eye shadow (the look is so sexy to me), and for flavored lip-gloss (lips that literally taste sweet...amazing)...im easy to please.

Did your boyfriend say WHY he doesn't like you to wear makeup? From what you say you don't wear that much. Foundation evens the complexion and the mascara and eye pencil accent your eyes...that ain't much "dolling up" at all...

...and now I sound gay cauz I know too much about makeup!

:-P

• It just means your boyfriend is blinded by love and finds you attractive without it. Either that, or he thinks that if you're putting on makeup, there must be somebody else you're trying to impress.

If "natural" (makeup-free) beauty really was preferable, than cosmetics companies wouldn't have a market to sell to.

• Very true. But I always hear guys saying they dislike makeup. I know it is usually preferred but was just curious what people would say.

• If that's what he says and you don't mind, then don't wear it. I don't mind if my girlfriend has makeup or not, but she's worried cause of some old acne scars on her face that she covers up and I'm cool with it because she's more comfortable we're out.

• Makeup in moderation is preferable on girls.

• I do myself. Make-up is a mask it hides the REAL you. No one's skin is perfect. Most are far from it. I mean make-up every once in a while is cool but everyday.Nope It gets old. Natural beauty is the best.

• I like ladies without make up but I must say some girls do make up so well they completely transform themselves. But still it looks nice either way, cos if I like a girl;s looks without make up then I know she will look better with it.

• It depends. if your unattractive a little make-up helps, but its kind of pointless if your plain ugly. I can't stand a pretty girl with a lot of make-up, its so unnattractive. I remember a girl in school who started wearing makeup and I always thought she was so beautiful before that part of her life. After that, she just seemed fake. Its hard to say without sounding mean, but I don't know how many times I've seen an ugly/fat girl at a special event with a bunch of makeup on, and she looks even worse. Girls definition of beauty is so much different than guys.

• to me natural beauty regardless is 100 million times more attractive. with that being said all women look better with it.so if we find one without it and she looks amazing with it. that's a wonder and something special at the same time

• Then you apparantly are a pretty girl and don't need make-up. You only think you do. Most women I have dated look better without make-up and barely wore it anyway. Foundation is gross to me but maybe some guys like it. Lip gloss or a light colored lipstic is OK. Mascara is not too bad.

• I can't speak for all the men here or in the world. BUT, personally, I prefer knowing how a girl looks without it before knowing what she is advertising. I'd rather know of a scar that she may think is 'unattractive', then finding out later and basically being lied to. I prefer sh*t to be on the table. I can over look a lot of things, although within reason.

E.G having numerous scars on the back, or else where, I can over look that.

However, lying, no, that's something I won't deal with. I prefer honesty. Physically speaking, she has to be healthy, not perfect. Jelly rolls, isn't healthy, nor does the odor make things better.. smell of ass and fungus under those rolls is disgusting to me, I'd puke. Maybe it's 'judgmental' but, I've come across those like that. Not all of them do have that horrible odor, but that's just one less thing to worry about. If she had an average body, I wouldn't be bothered. Anything above average though,and we start entering donut land, I'll pass.

Same thing for girls who are too skinny.anything smaller than a 4 (which even size 4's bother me a tad) I wouldn't consider.

• I'm a 0, so thanks for that. But how is make up and weight even remotely related?

• How the f*** does make up correlate to any of those things? It doesn't. I asked about make up. Not for you to dissect how women look, or tell me your standards. AND make up isn't lying. It's enhancing your natural features. So good luck with that.

• Lol, another retard who doesn't know how to reason well. Ok, have a nice day. You call it 'enhancement', but if you have to enhance yourself, you're calling yourself ugly, which means you're hiding your flaws. Quit being stupid,eh well you probably can't fix that either, its genetic.

• No but I want my girl to not always be a cake face.

• I love it when women put on a lot of makeup. I especially love dark eye shadow.

• Why bother to ask us if you don't care what we think?

• Why would I truly care about other peoples opinions? I was curious buy no matter what anyone says I'm going to stick with my own ideas aha

• Then don't waste our time if you don't care ya Dumb Troglodyte

• You're right, I should just stop wearing make up because the Internet told me to...

• It's a bonus to me

What Girls Said 5

• If the girl is attractive and looks good without it, they prefer her without makeup. However, more often than not, they tend to prefer the natural look, meaning flawless makeup

Most guys on here don't like makeup, but at the same time, they seem to think girls wake up magically without flaws and imperfections

• I stopped wearing makeup when I got with my boyfriend too and the reason is this: One, I like how I look without it because I feel like I am not hiding anything and two, makeup attracts and when I'm with my boyfriend I don't want guys looking at me because of the makeup I am wearing.

You don't have to not wear any at all but you can skimp on some stuff, like foundation and just work on clearing up your acne. Just wear eye liner, lip gloss, eye shadow- foundation is the hardest to get rid of though but you will be happy you did. That stuff makes your skin irritated and acne prone, worse before than when you put it on.

• AWEOME ANSWER! <3<3<3=D

• 2 qa: I said that I liked how I looked without makeup, so it was just an added bonus that my boyfriend does too

• <3<3<3=D

• no, I think they prefer the makeup style "without makeup" look.

they would all probably shudder if all girls went to school w/o wearing any makeup...

• Idk if they do or not, but I'm not gonna stop wearing mine either way. I love it too much! lol

• They prefer a natural girl if she has naturally minimal flaws. If your skin isn't that jacked up then you don't need to cake your face. I think what you do is fine though. I use chap stick, little concealer for my dark under eyes, and eyeliner and I feel like that makes a big difference. My boyfriend doesn't complain but he always says "you don't need those things" because it's like something they are supposed to say I guess. They are supposed to love you no matter what so they'll say things like that and I don't mind, I think it's sweet.