Girls what wouldn't your parents allow you wear when you were younger that they considered it too grown up?

Try to indicate the age you were finally allowed to if you can.

I notice that these days young girls' parents allow them to wear almost anything.

Guys, feel free to answer too if there is anything.

-Short skirts, short shorts, crop tops, and halter tops were forbidden

-My mom wouldn't let me wear red nail polish.

-I wasn't allowed to wear tight pants until high school

-I wasn't allowed to wear a two piece but at like age 12 my grandma bought me a two piece bathing suit with boyshort bottoms and they never said anything else about it

The odd thing is that I was allowed to wear makeup and heels and have been doing so since age 8. Plus I am pretty tall so at age 8 I was the same height as many adults and could wear women's heels. Actually, I blame my grandma because she loved dressing me up like a mini woman.

Most Helpful Girl

• My mum didn't let me shave my legs when they started growing hair.

But in hindsight - it was probably because we didn't have great razors for first time shavers - because I remember being pissed off and going into the bathroom to try, and then just cutting my legs a million times, and deeper than, now, I even know how.

So yeah - I think that was just a safety thing until we were better prepared.

But apart from that - I don't think I ever asked to do anything else particularly grown up when I was younger, so my parents had no reason to be like ... woah woah woah not until you're older.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 9

• I was allowed to wear whatever I wanted, I made my own choices from about the age of 8 upwards on my outfits and I obviously picked okay. I didn't really like revealing outfits or short skirts at that age, fashion wasn't high on my priority list unlike now.

• I wasn't allowed to wear high heels till like 15 cause my mom said it's too grown up.

• I wasn't allowed to shave until I was in high school and I couldn't wear makeup or heels unless it was a special occasion. I had to wait until I was in college to wear them regularly. Two piece swimsuits, any shirt that showed a hint of boob, and any skirt, dress, or shorts that came above my knee were not allowed until college either.

• Revealing clothing was a no until about 16, and even then, I needed a reason to wear it. If it's just because I want to look sexy, then no, it's not allowed. But if it's because I genuinely like what I'm wearing and like how it looks, it's perfectly fine.

Heels were a no, until I learned how to walk in them properly. Which I understand and think is reasonable. I see so many girls walking with heels, and I fear for their ankles.

Other than that, I really can't think of anything.

• - Nail polish

- Eye liner

- High heels

• 1. Make up

2. Certain hairstyles that look "Too Grown"

3. High heels

4. Mini skirts

5. Mini dresses, tight dresses, and just clothes that show a lot of skin and cleavage.

6. skirts and dresses with long splits

7. See through clothing

8. Lingerie

9. Long fake nails

10. Belly ring

• Nothing my parents let me wear whatever I want/wanted but if my skirt is a bit too short or something they will suggest I go change but if I don't they show their disapproval and move on. I've never been the type to wear too much make-up or dress in a overly provocative way though so my parents never really needed to tell me what to wear. A lot of the girls around my age and younger dress how they want because of popularity and boys and what their parents do won't stop them :/

• Halter tops , 16.

• Red polish and black polish