Tats on dudes: classy or trashy

I've always considered myself a classy, yet edgy dude. By classy I don't mean I walk around with very preppy clothes as that is not my style, but I mean I am clean cut, always look tidy and nice. Recently I've thought about getting a tattoo, and was wondering how others perceive a guy with a tattoo. I know that I should get what I like, but I don't want to be perceived as the a type of person I am not, as I'm sure no one would. Would getting a tattoo deteriorate my clean cut image I try to keep up? Would it benefit me, as I know a lot of ladies are into that? haha. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• It is only trashy if you get a trashy tattoo and you are a trashy person, make sense? If you're a classy guy, then most likely you will pick a tattoo that compliments that and it will probably be attractive. I find certain guys to be extremely attractive with their tattoos. But I may see a different guy with tattoos and think he's trashy looking.

For example, trashy to me: link

But, I think stuff like these are cool and more "classy"

link

link

Both of those are kind or surfer style, but you can do whatever...i think you can get what I mean lol just put some thought into it. Best advice I have been given is that you you have to know for sure that the tattoo you want is something important to you, something you love, and something you won't regret. I don't have any, yet. I have been letting myself think about it a lot first. My older bro has an anchor on his tricep on his right arm, with his six best buddies' initials around it, and they all have the same tat in the same place.

As long as you do it right, many girls can find it attractive. I wouldn't worry :) just know for sure before you jump the gun! Don't rush getting it.

What Girls Said 9

• It's definitely not trashy in my opinion but it's not exactly a turn on either. I prefer guys with no tattoos. It can really make your appearance appear more "rough". Trashy is not the right word though as that's very negative. I think it could alter your clean cut image but it depends all on how big the tattoo is, where it is and of what. All these things can make a difference.

• So would you not date a guy with a tattoo?

• I wouldn't say it's going to be a deal breaker but it's definitely not going to attract me more to that person either.

• it shouldint matter what people "perceive" you as, if that's what you like, if its your style and you are secure about it. that being said, get a well thought out, meaningful tattoo that won't be seen on a daily basis if you are unsure about it, but really want one. as a girl I think some tattoos are really cool! and I think younger generations for the most part don't object to a guy with a tattoo. get one that looks really nice, (done by a well known artist, go for pricey and well done, vs. cheep and sketchy) and means something to you. the only time I would say a tattoo would deteriorate your image would be if you did the whole sleeves look, or got way too many, that looked really bad. or a face tattoo... those are hard to make look good.

good luck :)

• In the professional world, and places where I frequent, how you are perceived is unfortunately important.

• well I guess it depends on what's important to you... but like I said, if you want one, not everyone has to see it all the time. put it somewhere hidden. I think some tattoos can be classy, it just depends on the type of tattoo.

• I agree, and I appreciate your answer :)

• I define body ink as art. It's something you want people to see, so you represent it by displaying it on your body. It's certain tats on dudes are not trashy nor classy. They're just tattoos. I prefer my guy to have body ink.

• No I don't think it would, I know a guy with a sleeve tattoo and I consider him quite classy, it also depends on the tattoo, I think they need to mean something personal to you.

• sexy as hell

• classy, if you get it somewhere totally unexpected, or somewhere not visible when you're wearing clothes.

• Not classy or trashy, just cute, hot, sexy... and so on. I like them.

• It's hot as long as it wasin't a drunk tat that he got one night.

• Definitely trashy. Like what's the point? I'm tired of seeing every guy in every corner with a tattoo.

What Guys Said 0