Does it seem more attractive to wear high heels than to wear flats?

Now a days I see a lot of girls rocking the high heels! Most of them wear high heels everyday & I wonder to myself do they ever get tired of wearing high heels?

Why does it seem like in order to get guys attention you have to wear high heels?

Does wear flats make you less attractive?

I'm asking this because society seems to think of high heels as sexy & a way of making women feel more confident than just wearing a pair of flats.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll try to make this as in depth as I can. In my opinion the shoes that I think will look good on a woman is completely situational. On a normal day I think flats or sneakers will look good. I think high heels are more for work, if you work in a setting that makes this "normal" or acceptable. They are also good for special events, etc. However for everyday wear such as school, running errands, going to the mall, or casual get-togetheres like going to the movies with friends, I think flats or sneakers will be MUCH MUCH better. I rarely see girls wear high heels when I'm at school and I actually see it as a turn off when they do wear them. Its not that I don't when them to look nice but I personally see it as if they're trying to bring attention to themselves, and not the good kind of attention. I can't read minds so of course this may not be the case at all, but its the impression that it gives off to me. I actually try to not judge or make negative impressions, but I'm human and sometimes I do. I can't help it. Now that I think of it, I think it also depends on your age. I guess this whole think was directed towards women that are my age. According to the age associated with this account, it still applies.

What Guys Said 6

• nope. don't much like it. I like seeing girls in sneakers.

• i personally hate flats and any girl that wears them, along with any girl that wears uggs, weird ass sandals or boots. I only like girls that wear converse or vans, I know its weird but that's just my opinion. I guess high heels are cool but only when necessary like a formal event

• R you a hardcore skater dude or something

• lmao not at all, I can't skate for my life, its just that 9 times out of 10 a girl that wears sneakers is so much more chill than a girl that doesn't

• I personally have been seen more woman in flats lately and loving it , Im one of those guys who loves girls in flats and that is what usually what catches my eyes. I like heels too but not that much I personally hate those platform heels that some girls have been wearing, is just to much for me and unflattering. =:3

• I wish all ladies would stop being lazy and wear heels for us guys.

• 0|0
  • Heels are glamorized because of the p*rn industry. Men like women in heels simply because they think they'll get sex, if a girl wears them

What Girls Said 8

• I know many attractive girls who go out and wear flats and get plenty of attention. You don't always have to wear heels to get that wow factor. Guys I've talked to told me they place the emphasis on the face. If the girl is hot it doesn't matter whether she's wearing flats or heels. And while high heels may seem to look hot, there are definitely negative impacts it has on the foot that I can assure you is not so attractive. I've read up on this plenty of times, I don't want osteoarthritis, hammer toes, bunions and corns.

• high heels are perceived as sexy because it elongates the legs, makes you look slimmer and more toned and makes your butt look better. personally I like both and I will wear both on a casual day. I don't think guys have anything against flats. they aren't necessarily seen as a "sexy" shoe, but if you look hot and you're wearing flats it won't by any means take away from your look. but generally yes guys prefer the look of heels not for the design of the shoe themselves but how it makes women look. guys also love seeing curves and the curve in your foot in heels also amps up the attractive factor. but wear what you like, you don't need to wear heels to be sexy.

• Guys seem to prefer heels more, for the most part. Apparently they make your legs and butt look better (I've personally never seen this, though) and they make you taller. Not sure what else guys like about them.

I think heels can certainly dress up an outfit and sometimes look better with an outfit than flats. Other times, flats suit better. I don't wear them often because my feet always hurt to start and I don't see the sense in torturing them more. Plus, I don't have a car and end up walking everywhere, so they're really not practical for me.

• yea confident and sexy too. its hard to explain. they make my legs look great and guys stare a lot. girls tend to check out your shoes to and that can be fun. basically heels make me feel more girlie and sexy, up on my tiptoes. like I said tough to explain.

• I wear high heels everyday and have been doing so since I was 15, when I see girls who wear flats/ sneakers everyday I just think don't they get sick of them? I am 5'1" so heels just make me average height but I like how they look more dressy and feminine. I think all women look better in heels.

• Heels will always make a woman look more attractive. But I'm 5'7 and my guy is 5'10 so I can't really wear heels that much. Plus I"m just super tall in heels anywya

• I prefer a girl who is 5'7" without heels. Something about a girl with heels on that's taller than me is SOOOOOO sexy. I'm 5'8"

• your legs look better in heels.

• I didn't/don't get tired of wearing high heels. If I wear flats, I definitely get tired of those.

Depends on the location. A lot of guys don't mind flat shoes, some prefer it.

Flats look less attractive on me.

I like the style of heels and how they go with my outfits, I like to be dressy.