What is some good makeup?

Like which brand/specific item works the best for what it says it is supposed to do? (If that makes sense lol)

Thanks bunches!

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always loved Rimmel and they're the cheap stuff! I mostly use their foundation, matte powder, and face primer. I like MAC liquid eyeliner (in the pot or tube) it's a little pricey- $20 range but it works awesome and is a beast to scrub off (which means that it stayed where it was supposed to!). . I buy all kinds of eye shadows- mostly MAC ($16 a color I think) but I've also bought random cheap stuff like Revlon, covergirl, Loreal etc. As long as I use the primer it's not bad. Sugarpill cosmetics can be bought online and they're FUN! Lots of bright vibrant colors and they wear like the pictures. I want to say they're around $12 a color...it's been a while but it's an online website where I get it. For lipstick I get whatever brand has the color I want. I've got MAC, Wet and Wild, Revlon etc. I pretty much always need to touch up throughout the night no matter which one I get so I just get the one with the most appealing color.

No matter which brand of stuff you buy, it's not going to work if you don't use primers, sealers, or setters to keep it there. My favs are

For eye primer I like Urban Decay eye primer. It's another pricey one ($20), but I don't mind spending the money on stuff that works. If you use too much, it can look cakey and the eyeshadow won't blend well over it, so start small and layer up if you need to

MAC FIX+ I mist a little over my face after makeup is complete

Rimmel- Fix and Perfect PRO foundation primer

Rimmel- Matte pressed powder

I have this clear lip liner as well that keeps the edges of your lipstick from sneaking out onto your face. I forgot the brand name, but you can get it at Ulta stores (just ask the people there they'll know) I love it because it saves me the trouble of finding a liner for each color of lipstick

I hope this helps!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• What specific make-up are you looking for? Foundation? Blush? Eye makeup? I personally love Estee Lauder, the entire brand has amazing make-up. Drugstore wise, I like Maybelline products but their foundations don't work that well for me and Rimmel is another good brand drugstore wise.

• Trust this guide, when I was new to makeup I bought a load of crap that didn't work or look good on me. These items will accentuate your natural beauty and give you confidence without changing your entire look, boys like makeup that looks realistic and natural. Buy less makeup but better quality. You need something that you absolutely love and looks great on you with every outfit and lip color.
    Eyes:
    I suggest getting Loreal extra intense eyeliner (brown for blondes, black for brunettes), Loreal infallible eyeshadow in Amber Rush, Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow in Bad To The Bronze, Maybelline mascara in The Colossal Express (to get bigger lashes) or Lash Stiletto (to lengthen lashes, remember that mascara is highly personal so it depends if you care more about a natural clump free look or mega lashes), Rimmel Brow Pencil.
    Lips:
    Revlon Lip Butter in cotton candy for light skin, candy apple for medium skin, or sugar plum for deep skin, Nyx Butter Gloss in creme brule for light skin, tiramisu for medium skin, or angel food cake for dark skin, Revlon Balm Stain in cherish for light skin, honey for medium skin, or crush for dark skin.
    Face:
    Revlon Colorstay foundation, Maybelline Fit Me concealer, and ELF Studio blush or NYX blush. Hope you find what your looking for:)

Remember less is more so spend the most money on good working, highly rated, wearable shades of makeup. All of the products mentioned are highly rated and recommended by numerous beauty gurus.

• Mac is really good. I've noticed a huge difference between the stuff they sell at cvs and the stuff at Macys and Nordstroms. Yes its a bit more expensive but its worth it to look good.

• MAC MAC MAC...hands down...if you don't know what makeup or what type of makeup products you should get,go to a MAC store they will sit you down and help you match your makeup to your skintone and physical facial needs.

• Mac's - black opulash optimum mascara - I'm in love!

Revlons- butter lipstick

• I love MAC and Smashbox bronzers.

For undereye concealors (for my ugly dark circles), I use Maybelline Age Rewind.

For eye mascara I have always used Voluminous Original by L'Oreal or Lancome Hypnose Mascara.

• MAC and Napoleon Perdis

• Nars orgasm blush. It's a cult favorite for a reason and literally looks good on everyone. Clarins foundations - whichever suits your skin type. the urban decay naked palette - #1 or 2 is a cheap way to get a ton of good quality wearable eye shadows. buy cheap drug store eyeliners. Maybelline or revlon are good. Personally I can't justify buying exspensive eyeliner. And although it's under rated, the cover girl nature luxe lip balms are amazing. They've got just a touch of color, SPF, and smell amazing. My favorite mascara is just the loreal voluminous fibre lashes in blackest black or very black, whichever it's called. Oh, and if you can get away without wearing foundation I highly reccomend the maybelline bb cream they just released. It's a sh*tty bb cream but works great as a tinted moisturizer. Just throw on some powder and you're good to go! Hope I didn't overwhelm you but I love make up! Haha (:

• No believe me your good! It was very helpful! Outside of eyeliner I am so clueless when it comes to makeup lol

• Haha okay well I'm glad I helped. You look like you have pretty great skin though so if skip out on the foundation.