I'm a guy, 25 and single. I'm not bad looking, about average I'd say, yet seem to have difficulty attracting any women. I don't really try punching above my weight, I'm realistic, and confidence is not my problem. However, although I look after myself hygienically, I'm not really what you'd consider well dressed or groomed. What I'm looking for here is a sort of 'Ten Ways to Instantly Look More Physically Attractive' guidebook.
Hope you have some good suggestions
Most Helpful Girl
1) Smell is a powerful factor in attraction, so finding a good cologne is a must.
2) wear clothes that you feel comfortable in (not sweats, but something fitting of who you are) Personally I'm not a big fan of super skinny jeans or baggy pants, but something fitted always looks good...I think Levi's has a good fitted bootcut style pants for guys. Shirts- as long as they're clean, and not 10 sizes too big you should be good H&M actually has a decent guys section for shirts
3) facial hair- My personal pref is clean shaven. If you choose to keep some stubble make sure it isn't patchy, and doesn't grow out too long. Make sure eyebrows are not massive and scary looking. Pluck out any connecting unibrow hairs, and if there's crazy stragglers along the edges you can pull those too
4) Your actual hair- My pref is short. Not buzzed or anything, but a good 1-1.5 inches tops. It's hard for hair that short to get too messy, and it won't take long to style or anything which is a plus. If you dare to go longer just make sure you do the upkeep- getting it trimmed, keeping it styled/not crazy.
5) Body hair- It's safe to say that no girl wants to see a forest trying to escape from the collar on your shirt. Keep the chest smooth, or trimmed. Get rid of any back hair entirely, and keep the back of your neck smooth
6) TEETH! Smiles are super important. If you don't already brush/floss 2x daily, start. If your teeth are stained/yellowed, investing in some whitening strips can go a long way
7) Skin. If you have any breakouts, or uneven skintone finding different topical on-the-spot treatments or daily moisturizers is good. I know it might sound a little gay, but seriously women appreciate nice skin
8) Nails. I do happen to notice if someone is a nail biter and it kinda grosses me out. If you're not, awesome just keep the nails clean and trimmed. If you are a biter- stop it!
9) Shoes I guess- For me I don't really care too much. As long as they're not completely tattered, no socks with sandals, no crocs, or anything tacky like that
10) How you carry yourself. Keep yourself looking approachable, keep being friendly and hopefully the rest will happen on it's own.