What do people generally think when they see a girl with a 'tramp stamp?'

I'm thinking of getting one. all it will say is my name in cursive with like butterflies around it.

Good or is it too slutty?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know it's coined a "tramp stamp" but how can one really derive from a lower back tattoo, that a girl is an "easy catch" or a "slut"

It's a body modification that is going to be covered up most of the time. Same thing with tongue piercings, I had one, many people didn't even really notice it, but the people that did made inappropriate comments on it. I enjoy my tongue piercing purely because I just like it. Not because I want to suck your d***, and it isn't a signal I'm a slut.

Most of the time I take it out to give oral anyway.

It isn't slutty unless you make it slutty.

What Guys Said 6

• Don't get your name. That's stupid, like you forgot it or something. Plus I heard it's bad luck or in poor taste or whatever. As for a tramp stamp, the name speaks for itself. If you're going to get a tattoo, get one somewhere that's not notorious among idiots and whores. If you do get one, hit me up. I can stand a whore for one night.

• Don't, just don't...seriously don't. This is random, but I once saw a girl that had one and it said "love hurts" haha...I don't think the guys she's been knew what hole to stick it in lol.

• Not slutty, but definitely not depicting good either.

• dont go with it. they are kinda a social signal that you could be an easy catch, there painful, and age doesn't do nice things to them

• That kind of tattoo looks really hot.. and I mean it! It sounds good - get it!

''tramp-stamp'' is the most pejorative word describing any tattoo ever.

Also this is not the best place where to ask questions about tattoos, because almost everyone here are goody "two shoes" who don't like anything else apart from nerdy hipster look.

• i think it screams "im a slut and I love to show that off"

What Girls Said 7

• You've called it a tramp stamp yourself, that should pretty much bring it all home about the general social aspect of the lower back tattoo. Why do you need to have your own name tattooed on your back? Seriously, what is the point. The idea sounds tacky and as for the butterflies and cursive bit..so common. If you're gonna get a tattoo have some creativity and have a personal meaning to it.

• I've always liked those tattoos although I'd never get one myself. I don't see how it's slutty.

• I think it's trashy, but not slutty. But if a girl is walking around showing it off, she probably isn't dressed in the most classy manner to begin with

I notice a lot of trailer park/white trash folks with them. Dressed all rugged, aged like a mf & just sloppy overall. But that's just my experiences with them

• I think she's not very creative and just blindly go along with the trends. One of the reasons why some girls get them is slutty. I don't want to say it but basically I heard that some girls get them so a guy can have something to look at from the back during...

So if that's the reason I do think it's slutty but I don't assume that all girls get it for that reason.

• a tramp?

lol

• Tasteless

• I agree with the comments above... why don't you get your name tattooed on your hip in cursive instead? like on one side? its cute small and not slutty