Are there any smells that you associate people or events with?

Maybe a certain perfume/cologne with a person...or maybe the smell of apple pie with summers spent at your grandparents? stuff like that...

one unusual one for me is that the smell of gasoline reminds me of my grandfather. he owns a farm and I remember when I'd visit and he'd walk in from working on a tractor or truck or something outside how he'd smell of gasoline.

Clinique Happy is what my dad always wore for years & Estee Lauder Beautiful is what my mom always wears so whenever I smell either (or something similar) I think of them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I remember when I was little my mom used to take my brothers and I to church. Well, a lot of the ladies in church would have this certain sweet smelling perfume. It seemed as if they all wore the same perfume. Well, now every time my mom has me smell a perfume similar to that of those ladies at church I would say "Mom that smell s like the ladies at church". It smells just like the perfume the ladies at church would wear.

There is also this special nice cologne that Mexican guys/men often use. It smells good :) haha, but yeah, when I smell a guy with that certain smell it reminds me of bars, clubs, even Mexican parties I've gone to when I was little. I still can remember all the smells that attracted me when I smell them on people now.

There's one more: but it's not something I smell anymore... have you ever smelled cinnamon in water? Well, my mom used to put cinnamon to boil in water and then she would make it into a nice sweet aroma spreading across the air in the living room after adding some sugar. :) It really made the whole house smell like cinnamon.

What Guys Said 1

• Sense of smell is the greatest sense to make you travel in time. There are so many things one associates with smell but 99.9 % of them you are not even aware of until you smell them and off goes your mind 10's of years back and you remember exactly where you were when you firat smeltthat.

What Girls Said 4

• yea, I can't identify what the smells are exactly... I wish I could because I would surround myself with them 24/7 haha

The cigars my ex would smoke, some type of plant around his house, the smell of his car, and many other scents I don't know what they are from but every now and then I will pick something up that smells like him.

Also, Asphalt reminds me of my dad, because he works with it. And a specific brand of cigarettes for my grandma, every package or letter she sent smelt like it,lol

• also my parfumes will remind me of the times I would were them out and the memories I had wearing them. It's like each parfume represents a time in my life... dkny apple parfume reminds me of my best friend in high school. Crazy how powerful these memories are with just a scent...

• Smell is the sense most closely tied with memory. Because of this I often smell things and am reminded of things. Old Spice aftershave for my dad, frying bacon reminds me of mom's potato soup, White shoulders perfume of grandma, and strangely enough because of his profession, metal dust and shavings reminds me of the better half xD

• Pine trees in the fall, It reminds me of running through my Grandparents field, barefoot, playing with the neighborhood dog. I grew up in Georgia.

• this particular body shampoo reminds me of a great summer I've had 6 years ago.

any of johnson's & johnson's baby products reminds me of my long gone years of youthful bliss.