Girls, is putting a dress over a shirt "in"?

I see it all the time. I see girls who put a dress over a shirt so that you're not showing off your top half. Is this "in"..I'm just curious, because it gives off the "cute and innocent look". Which is good but of course not great, haha

link

Example, Selenas outfit on this episode

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's something people have been doing for a long time. There's nothing wrong with it. I mean I do it sometimes, I guess it just depends on what setting you're in. During work I would, going out probs not. lol oh and if you get the chance can you read my profile and answer my question as well? Would be greatly appreciated :)

What Girls Said 14

• Girls do it because of insecurity or shyness, plus it;s not any fun to have guys staring at our boobs, these girls just don't want that sort of attention so they dress appropriatly, my mum puts a t-shirt under a sleaveless top because she's insecure about her arms, who cares what is in, all that trend stuff is dumb. You should be thankful some girls dress appropriatly because at least they respect themselves, I don't see an awful lot doing that these days.

• Both your link and LoveBambi's link picture dresses with a very low-cut. Maybe they are designed to be worn with a shirt underneath for the more casual look. Dresses with that kind of low-cut could hardly be worn at all, except maybe for parties without the shirt.

• looks a little young to me, but if you're being casual it's fine. Not my style though. If I want to cover my arms in a dress I'll wear a jacket over it

• Actually, I only have one dress that I really wear on nice occasions - a little black one, and I do wear a blouse underneath it, but only because I don't like my upper arms. Otherwise I'd just wear the dress the way it is.

• It's not exactly "in." I've done it to one of my dresses because it was winter and very cold at the time. This look is often done by younger girls in their teens or adolescence due to it's cuteness, however, not exclusively in those age groups.

• I don't know if it's in but I like it. The dress the girl is wearing in the link would be very revealing if she didn't have a shirt underneath, so it works.

• Winona Ryder wore something like that in Heathers and that movie's from the 80s. link

• Sometimes I wear a shirt under if the dress hangs really low on me just so not too much shows

• mine is out of habit.

i used to work in a dog day care where we had to wear a t shirt and they would often get ripped or dirty so I started doubling the shirts, then if the over one got wrecked, the under was still good

did this for 4 years so I just started doing it randomly outside work sometims

• I'm A 38D, My reasons for doing this are purely practical!

• I saw this one girl in history class do that style it was cute on her but I couldn't pull it off

• Ya esp if its a see through fabric type of shirt

• I like it when I wear a lace like design shirt under

• idk if its in...i just know I wouldn't wear one under a dress

What Guys Said 1

• un related: I'm seeing bold patterns and really flashy stuff and I think it's ugly because it stands out too much and the patterns are too busy.