What do you think of high-waisted shorts?

Just wondering what people thought of the trend. I feel like it's one that a lot of girls like but a lot of guys don't like/don't get.

In case you want a reference as to what I'm talking about, here you go

link

link

link

Most Helpful Guy

• These3 look great on very slim women, but silly on a chunky or bigger girl. Any girl with larger-than-average breats won't look at ease in them.

What Guys Said 24

• They are ugly.

"Hard to pull off' actually means 'if you're stupidly hot, you'll still look reasonably attractive wearing this hideous thing'.

They make everyone look worse. Those who can pull it off can dress in a way that looks 'worse' and still be pretty hot.

• Hate them with a passion. We already figured out in the 70s that those look terrible. Girls should wear nothing but low-rise. This is what I hate about fashion, you can't find something good and stick with it, its always in a constant state of flux.

• Ilike them but I will say you have to select carefully -- some look a lot better than others. And then you have to find the right top to go with it.

• Hate them with a passion (and high-waisted jeans too).

They look stupid, and they're incredibly unflattering because they make the torso appear shorter and hide the sexy part around the hips/waist. Plus anything '80s style is automatically awful.

• They are pretty slutty if you ask me, they are the closest thing to booty shorts, what is next just wearing panties? When I see a girl like that I don't think how "cute" she looks on them, I just imagine myself banging her, I mean I like that, but really? I am sure no girl wants to hear what I just said. I think there are other ways to look "cute", "sexy" and "elegant" but if you are not going for that, then I guess those shorts would be fine.

• they don't have to be tight...then its not slutty in my opinion

• Hate them!!! I have never seen them be a positive for a girls looks. 9/10 times it is a negative and the other 1/10 its a neutral, but never a positive.

• If I see a girl wearing shorts like that, I immediately think of a female Steve Urkel. :p So yeah...I'd say turn off.

• 99.9% of the time they look horrible. I've only seen them look good once in the past couple of years and they were kind of this style. link (middle one) but were a navy blue color with a white pin stripe and she had the actual waist line covered by cardigan. She was a good looking girl so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

• I think it it looks good on certain types of girls that can pull it off and feel fabulous in it! I know when I see it!

• Shorts like that can look good on the right girl, but definitely someone slim. Some styles of those shorts will look good and others won't. I'm not a huge fan of those shorts, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're unattractive. I prefer the shorter shorts, but not waist high.

• I think they're cute. Kinda retro.

Much better than the last few TERRIBLE styles that I've seen in the past ten years.

• Never liked them

I don't think I ever found them attractive when I did see them

Is there a certain reason to wear high waisted shorts or pants?

• My male friend can pull them off pretty well. Flat-chest (obviously), tiny waist, petite/short, nice hips, slim legs, thigh gap. He's pretty much the only person that looks good in them in my opinion, and even he thinks they're too ugly to touch. Women just wear it because it's a trend on tumblr.

• I like them over the skimpy looking type of shorts, even jeans not skimpy are very cute

• LOL! We (girls) had high-waisted jeans in the early seventies...they were ok...but never as sexy as hip-huggers..(:(:(:...look..those shorts still show off her thighs...which is the most important to me...I think low-waisted will always be more sexy...but these are ok...much better than a midi or maxi skirt...oh..and I have never liked pedalpushers...<3<3<3=D

• Look much better than those booty shorts. In fact, elegant in a way.

• They can look nice on the right person.

• I think they're hideous.

• Not a fan at all, I dont think I've ever seen a girl look good in them

• Absolutely hate them

• I like them, as long as they a worn with the right clothing.

• I've noticed the crop top + high waist trend too. I like it

• i think they look bad

• I think they look horrible. I've always loved a clean (uninterrupted) midsection. Throwing the belt-line right smack-dab in the middle of it breaks that up. It also takes away from the hips which I love also.

What Girls Said 23

• I have seen them on girls before and not a lot of girls know how to pull it off. You really have to plan that outfit carefully. If you want to wear them go ahead, its not sluttly in my eyes. But honestly it makes the girls butt look weird. It makes them look like they have a long butt that starts from their back witch makes that style ugly to me. I RATHER see a girl wear normal shorts, I think it looks better in comparison.

• I really don't like them. I'll never be caught in them.

• I love high-waisted shorts: it's a cool call-back from the 80's and I feel like it can be pulled off as long as you carry yourself well while wearing them, because they are not a forgiving article of clothing.

Most guys aren't into fashion, period, and if they see you wearing them they may be turned off or think you're a hipster or artsy fartsy etc etc: but that's just one opinion: as long as you like what you're wearing and feel good, then the rest is non-factorable(:

Regardless, keep this in mind as a general fashion statement, what happens to be in fashion at the moment may not always be what suits your body type!

And never be a fraid to make your own style ;)

• Really depends on the actual style of them. Like I have one pair which are jean ones and all ripped. I love them so much but I can't wear them not skinny enough. You have to be a tooth pick to pull them off. Either that they look disgusting as mean as that sounds. That's how it is with the high waste trend.

• I really like them, but I think they look good on girls with longer legs. I've seen so many cute outfits with high-waisted shorts, so I kinda wanna try them C:

• like all clothing trends, if they look good on you wear them. if they don't.don't. it's like the short petite women who wear very long dresses... which isn't something they should wear

• hate them. sure some skinny girls can really pull them off just like anything else but their so ugly to me and remind me of the 80's which is NOT a bad thing because I love the 80's but its 2012 now k

• all of these styles are horrible.. Men agree.. 80's is not retro it was horrible choices in fashion.. Period. Please.. stop the madness and the delusion that these are cute.. super models are 20% of the human population and even these don't look that great on them. STOP!

• I think if you can pull them off go for it but sometimes they are extremely too short. It looks more like someone jacked them up more than they were made that way. The style is cute I think you have to be thin to wear them though because of the shortness and the way they sit on the stomach.

• I love high waisted shorts. I wear them, they're cute! :)

• hate, hate, hate, and even a little more hate.

• I think it's cute, but not everyone could pull it off.

• Please stop waring them, from the back our legs look redicoulisly long, like not proportionaly long, ugly long.

• I like it, the can be really cute, but some look odd on the back like you have a really long ass lol

so it depends on the short and the body type to pull it off :)

• I think it looks good on some girls but my hubby hates it and thinks it weird.

• I love them!

• I think they're really cute.

• They're only look good on slim girls

• my opinion is they're ugly. I don't even wear shorts lol. I'm a skirts/dress only gal :)

• I think it looks pretty but most of those high waisted shorts are too short so I would ever wear them

• If she can wear it without looking fat or making it look like it doesn't suit her body shape then I'm all for it.

Yeah, most guys just don't understand that type of fashion.

• They can look nice, but it's not my thing.

• I like it.

They're just clothes though! Shouldn't be any extremely strong opinions from anyone.