Do girls wear ribbons in their hair?

Do you girls ever wear ribbons in your hair like this? link I'm wondering because it seems like besides cheerleaders and college softball players, no one does. Is it seen as too much of a little girl thing? Also, do you ever wear ribbons/bows on/with your clothing like this? link

Most Helpful Girl

• I wear a bow in my hair sometimes, if the color of the ribbon goes with the outfit, not for a fashion statement or anything and I'm not a cheerleader or a college girl, I just really like bows and it keeps my hair from flopping about in the wind.

• That's cool. What about on your clothes, like this? link

• That's lovely, thank you very much!

• Your welcome.

What Girls Said 7

• I wear ribbons like that in my hair, either when its in a pony tail or at the end of a braid(:

I don't particularly like the second link, it reminds me of a present, I do think bows are nice, but better at the waist like this one- link

• It does kind of look like a present. That's just the example pic I used, bows do look nice like that at the waist. You have amazing looking hair.

• Your Welcome.

• The last pic is just a scarf tied into a bow and yes I might wear that but the hair ribbon no. It looks too childish and 1950s poodle skirtish

• So like that link ,lol. I didn't notice the last pic was a scarf tied into a bow, but it still makes a bow anyway.

• Yeah sometimes, I guess I got into from being a cheerleader. Not the second one though. I like brown and black ribbons in a high ponytail. Big ribbons and small I think they can be cute. I pull back my front strands, twist them then pull them around my head and let them lay on the rest of my hair. I put a ribbon on the two strands that are pulled together.

Like this but with a ribbon link or link I couldn't find a better picture but I usually take my hair lower down closer to the ear then on the top of my head.

• For the 2nd part what about these? link link

• I wear my hair like that plus a ribbon... I couldn't find a picture with a ribbon in that hairstyle.

• Oh, that makes sense then.

• Personally I don't. My friend is a cheerleader, and she wears ribbons in her hair at school, but their her team ribbon, so it makes sense. Big bows are more popular now.

• Big bows? Can you show a example?

• I Wear ribbons in my hair sometimes. When my hair is in a ponytail like the first link

• What about the second part of the question?

• those are cute, I would wear those. just not the link you had up on the question

• Ok, then. Thanks.

• No but I use too the 2nd is to obnoxious but the offuite cute

• I used to have a ribbon in my hair for every school day as a child and I really liked it. As I grew up I stopped because I was the only one who did that at my school and I saw it as a kiddy thing. I still love the girlie look of them now but I always feel insecure wearing one if I try it out because I keep associating it with a little girl.

I don't wear ribbons on my clothes unless they're already there. I might tie a scarf into a ribbon to put on my brown bag in summer though.

• Do you dress girlie?

• Also I never see a ribbon in a girl's hair and think she's a child or that it looks immature. I only think that about myself because I associate it with my childhood.

• Sounds like it was a subconscious change you made. I think you should try if you like them that much. I like that way it looks and I would not think a girl is childish for wearing one.

What Guys Said 1

• I speak from experience when I say wearing ribbons can help you get in touch with your feminine side.

• How so?

• Okay then.