Why do girls enjoy putting makeup on boys?

Going into my junior year of high school, it's only natural to encounter this problem once in a while. However, this happens to me constantly. I go to a back country school in Ma. I encounter this problem in school, walking home from school, or just hanging around town. Being in such a small town, it's hard to avoid it. However, why me? I wear all black and tripp pants, have long, blood red hair, always have a book in my hand, never really say anything, and have a stunted pubescent rate from (issues during birth). However, I would think they would go after the more masculine men. I spend half my time with friends avoiding makeup brushes and lipsticks. Is there something about resistance that gives girls more enjoyment? And why not the more masculine guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's just a novelty thing, lol, because most guys won't allow it, so they jump at the chance when they can talk someone into it. A lot of those girls probably like putting makeup on whoever will let them though, it's just an added bit of excitement if a guy will let them. Also maybe your look contributes to it, like they see musicians or photos of men with a similar style who put on eyeliner regularly or for show, so they can picture you emulating something similar and try to take advantage of that.

I've put makeup on guy friends before, but never tried to badger them into it or anything, only ones who requested it THEMSELVES just to be silly and see how it would look, or one who is a musician and would occasionally wear dresses and makeup for performances. So I'd gladly help out for shows by applying their makeup and letting them borrow an item of clothing or something. None of these guys would regularly ask for or want makeup put on, nor would any of them [I think] want it done these days, because most of that went on when we were in your age range, and we're all older now, like 22-25.

My current boyfriend wouldn't be into that at all, but he occasionally asks if he can paint my toenails when I decide to change the color, haha.

What Girls Said 5

• I enjoy.putting makeup on anything..cuz I'm a makeup artist.

• We just love doing makeup regardless who it is. I think it just gives us change from always doing makeup on ourselves or other girls.

• They just can't help being immature.

• Well when I was in hs it was fun but now it's meh

• They're just immature and think they're hilarious.

What Guys Said 2

• Severe mental retardation.

• Not everything teenagers do makes sense in the long run, and I believe that's doubly true for girls (both my stepsister, and later on, my niece, acted very silly and ditzy, and so did their friends). Not saying this as a bad thing, either. It's just one of those things. Take it as it is, don't try to read too much into it. As the song says, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". lol