How to look more edgy?

I'm a decent girl (not boring) and I have my own style, but it's a bit too preppy and I want to change it. Also, I like the alternative, skater/punk type guy (who still looks acceptable though) and because I'm so different, mostly they don't think I would suit them.

I'm okay with piercings and stuff, just not ear gauges and tattoos

Do you have any advice? Guys may answer too ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Embrace looking cute! . Opposites attrct u'll get an edgy guy ;)

• Thanks hehe I hope so :)

What Guys Said 5

• Either cut your hair pretty short and don't style it carefully..lthe tomboy look...or grow it long and again, don't styleit carefully, let it drape loosely over your shoulders. That look goes well with a maxi dress.

Wearing any kind of hat will give you an edge...a beret, for example, a cowgirl hat...especially without makeup.

Of course short skirts and bare legs, nothing is 'edgier' than that!

• I dress somewhat like the way that you're describing, but I like a girl that dresses in a casual, yet classy sort of way... A slightly more alternative look could fit into that niche as well. But like you said, it's important that a girl looks nice and presentable. It generally reflects a certain level of maturity, I feel, that will usually set her apart from most other girls...

A girl that tries to be something she isn't just for the sake of fitting into a certain scene/group/etc., is not attractive even if she's physically good looking... and especially if she has an attitude. I see right through all of that.

Guys like good girls... it's just important that they're attractive and present themselves in the correct way.

• Doesn't edgy mean that you are doing your own thing? I've always taken it to mean someone is a little bit eccentric and that they follow their own path and don't care what other people think. So why are you asking how to look more edgy? You have to do your own thing, not follow what others tell you...

• Well maybe I meant a little more tough then. Thanks anyway, guess I wasn't clear enough.

• tough? Get a bullet wound in your ass like a junkyard dog. =P

• Boots

black pants

white shirt/v-neck

black jacket

• What do you normally wear?

What Girls Said 5

• You can Dye your hair whatever color you feel like (doesn't have to be permenant

Wear t-shirts that have your favorite band, TV show, anime on them. link e.g - (guns and roses)

- Ringsss, find some rings you like, something that stands out. My fav is one from an anime called nana, looks like this -> link

-Dark purple lipstick always looks edgy.

Btw, you don't have to extreme to be edgy, it just means you find your own style and not blend in too much. Edgy could litterally mean anything. Just find the things you like and forget about 'do I look weird in this?' and just wear all the cool things everyone else is reluctant to wear. Hope you got some inspiration ;)

• link - Anything similar like that. You can go in bold colors too, if you can pull it off.

You can start off with an edgy nail polish.

Express has some pretty edgy clothes at a good price too.

Anything that would go with a black leather jacket can make you look edgy.

Hairstyle could make a difference. They usually have thick bangs, mostly in a short bob.

• Get your hair layered or dye it..also wearing dark colors or shades od colors might help

• Makeup &attitude is key

• Date a Russian Gangster. They are very fun to be with ^^